World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year, the one species I don't catch bottom fishing is Bass. I get plenty spinning, but not on the bottom. I'm thinking its to do with distance, so here's the question for those bass catchers amongst you, how far out do you fish for old spiky? I know it will vary from venue to venue, but just generally speaking.:g:

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I was fishing the small sandy section of the white wall in penarth last year from low water upto high and it was a bit rough. I ended up with 2 schoolies fishing only just more than the length of the shockleader and in about a foot of water??? Granted they were only about 6ozs a piece but it still proves that fish can be right on the shoreline:blink:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was fishing the small sandy section of the white wall in penarth last year from low water upto high and it was a bit rough. I ended up with 2 schoolies fishing only just more than the length of the shockleader and in about a foot of water??? Granted they were only about 6ozs a piece but it still proves that fish can be right on the shoreline:blink:
I've caught bass like that up the ranny as well, right under the tip, but like yours, they were tiddlers. Most of the bigger ones from there that I've witnessed or heard of seem to come from a fair way out.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
fishing with crab in the river i cast just beyond the weed,thats where they r feeding my man

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Every year, the one species I don't catch bottom fishing is Bass. I get plenty spinning, but not on the bottom. I'm thinking its to do with distance, so here's the question for those bass catchers amongst you, how far out do you fish for old spiky? I know it will vary from venue to venue, but just generally speaking.:g:
Hi charlton when i was fishing last saturday fishing for th bass i tryed in close but had nothing then i started to hit it out far and thats where the bass was i had 12 all in all my mate wasnt and he only had two close in tight lines

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi charlton when i was fishing last saturday fishing for th bass i tryed in close but had nothing then i started to hit it out far and thats where the bass was i had 12 all in all my mate wasnt and he only had two close in tight lines

I was fishing with rockling that weekend and only had 2 bass but the week before that fishing at the same distance i had 14 bass in one session so i think you just got to keep hitting different distances to see where the fish are

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
And when we fished last weekend i was actually trying to cast out far...lol still working on a technique not all of us can empty a 525, but when i get their i will look forward to whooping your butt!!!!!
Hi mate look forward two it but i here you have a new rod what is it a TTR BIG DANNY i have to show you now how to cast mate he he but dont forget to use a penn 525 tight lines

1 - 13 of 13 Posts