World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
So different to where I used to get rag. In my area the mud was extremely soft sticky clay mud where simply walking was extremely difficult. The worms were deep and when you started a hole you simply stayed in the one spot and continually expanded it as getting a hole started was so difficult. Once you scooped through the first foot of slop you could stand on slightly firmer mud bellow the soft stuff, where some worms were often as deep as 2 ft. When the tide turned it was a panic trying to get back out of the mud!!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So different to where I used to get rag. In my area the mud was extremely soft sticky clay mud where simply walking was extremely difficult. The worms were deep and when you started a hole you simply stayed in the one spot and continually expanded it as getting a hole started was so difficult. Once you scooped through the first foot of slop you could stand on slightly firmer mud bellow the soft stuff, where some worms were often as deep as 2 ft. When the tide turned it was a panic trying to get back out of the mud!!!!!
yes very true that's why I all ways use the term HOW I OR WHERE I ? because every place / beach is different so i don't know how we can say do things this way for everyone or every where .

Cheers Brian.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
yes very true that's why I all ways use the term HOW I OR WHERE I ? because every place / beach is different so i don't know how we can say do things this way for everyone or every where .

Cheers Brian.
I must admit it was quite a surprise seeing you get rag in that sandy mud as that was more like where I got my lug from.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts

agree with the method above

used to dig fareham / gosport and portsmouth / southampton grounds
start with 1 hole and keep going, backfilling as you go along
surprising how much ground you can turn over on a full down to low and back a bit tide
always used to go for a black builders bucket filled to the top after washing out
approx 20lb to a full bucket
aimed for 10--20lb min depending on tide sizes and time of year

1 - 6 of 6 Posts