World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Fished there last week with Thames Rover, bugger all worth talking about, all its alive with crabs at low tide.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I used to fish it near the mouth of the marina and this time of year tended to get the occasional codling, few dabs and odd flounder. Fishing it a bit later on in the year there was the possibility of odd thornback/stingers, bass and eels. Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fished up at Sales Point 3 hours up to high tide Weds evening.

Very small tide. Very small fish (all whiting). All at range on 3/0 hooks - the flapper with size 2's in close only got attention from our little armoured friends, who were very much in evidence. Bait was lug & squid.

Suspect a bigger tide would be more productive - but hey, had the afternoon off..

In a few weeks there should be thornbacks... I'm guessing they are taken over low tide rather than high. I'm also guessing low tide means lots of mud like behind the power station :-(

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi,
Try looking in the general boat fishing section, look for articles written by Aquabell
Apoligies, didn't notice shore angling'
One boat mark you may reach at low water, look towards West Mersea, line up the old black oyster hut in front of you and put the last pylon behind you, cast straight out.
We used to catch Codling and whiting here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts