World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wobble, I have spent much of the last year fishing from the marina and am finding it quite a frustrating affair. I fished a 6m plus night tide a couple of weeks ago and aside from some obvious rattling whiting bites, did not catch a thing. I find this quite frustrating as the Brighton Marina website (www.brightonmarina-seafishing.co.uk) frequently reports on numerous cathes of reasonable fish. Sure it is great for mackerel in the summer and pin-whiting in the winter, but I have only ever seen one bass caught from there of any decent size and no codling whatsoever. Having fished for many succesful years on the Cumbrian coast and a few years in the Bristol Channel area, I cannot understand why I am blanking so badly. The only reassurrance is that ever time I go, I am certainly not the only one. I will be going again within the next few weeks. Do you fish the Marina often, and if so, what are you finding succesful for the bigger fish? I have tried patience, but that is waining fast.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have just switched from being a carp fisherman to the delights of sea fishing and over the last few days have fished Brighton marina to great success... Garfish and Mackeral have been plentiful along with codling right on the wall... Saw a guy yesterday pull out a 5lb Bass!

B)

·
Registered
30 Posts
just got back from a quiet and rough seas session on the Western Arm (Eastern was closed off - Aghhh!).... Tons of snags but still caught Mackeral, Garfish, Codling and Ling....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by dicky@Oct 19 2004, 09:47 PM
hi blue,
do you mean rockling rather than ling?
how big were the codling?
Hi Dicky..

Yes they were Rockling caught on the rag.
The Codling were a chuckable back to the sea size (with care!!) caught on good fun tackle - my old course fishing gear and is proving to be a welcomed and exciting sport. Garfish & Mackerel on a 3-4lb line are fun to catch and good eating.

Heavy tackle did little to nothing until night fall.

Couple of almost rod losing bites towards the end but i was neither quick enough nor skillful enough to land... :huh:

Weather is shite now but i'll report back after the next outing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just got back from a session in Portsmouth. Got a wrasse and a bull-head, pretty poor. Thinking of giving Brighton a go next weekend. Still catching Mackerel? Might bring the feathers if that is the case. What bait was the bass caught on, Blue?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by jackson@Oct 24 2004, 04:14 PM
Just got back from a session in Portsmouth. Got a wrasse and a bull-head, pretty poor. Thinking of giving Brighton a go next weekend. Still catching Mackerel? Might bring the feathers if that is the case. What bait was the bass caught on, Blue?
The Bass that have been recently caught from the East arm have been on Ragworm and Mackeral.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Fished the Marina again on Sunday. Loads fishing and just a few mackerel and small pout caught. Very poor as usual. I am getting sick of having to pay £5-7.50 for a poor days fishing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by jackson@Nov 4 2004, 11:49 AM
Fished the Marina again on Sunday. Loads fishing and just a few mackerel and small pout caught. Very poor as usual. I am getting sick of having to pay £5-7.50 for a poor days fishing.
Sorry to hear that Jackson...
I seldom go on a sunday due to the crowds, theres only so much of people casting into your swim and kids screaming that one can take.

Evenings and nights during the week are best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hit the West (small) arm toward the end on Sunday 31st July with heavy seas and loads of getting soaked thru.. High tide came and so did the mackeral. About 15 over a couple of hours on feathers. One guy got 7 next to us on the same line (tying 2 feather rigs together) he pulled em up so hard they flew behind him onto the promenade and nearly over into the harbour :D ...

Want to move onto getting the bass and fish other than mackeral .. Will be night fishing down there soon so maybe it will happen then..

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get live baits from and how to keep them alive and on the hook?

Also wanted to see if anyone knew about the area right at the end of the small arm --- is it snag central?

Any help appreciated..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts