World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got no pic, and didn't notice its flaps, but how likely is it that i caught a bull huss at workington this morning? nose was markedly blunter than usual lsd, bigger, wider separated spots, very strong for size (about 2lb).

and it growled at me!

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
i've got no pic, and didn't notice its flaps, but how likely is it that i caught a bull huss at workington this morning? nose was markedly blunter than usual lsd, bigger, wider separated spots, very strong for size (about 2lb).

and it growled at me!
This side of the Solway is alive with them, we had 12 in an hour to two rods on the boat a couple of weeks ago, in a spot where you never used to see anything. I never weigh them but I would have put the best into double figures!

One of the local potters tells me he had a pot crammed full with them one day last week so I think there are plenty around. I had one growl at me as well, then the fecker bit me, tried to bite it back but it tasted horrible! :yucky:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
might of been a pup tope lol

where were u dave? ive not heard of bull huss round here more dogs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
might of been a pup tope lol

where were u dave? ive not heard of bull huss round here more dogs
on the jetty with c2c on it, casting into mouth of the harbour. it put up a good fight. both on winding in, and when removing the hook. the growling really impressed me. but then i'm easily impressed. its nose looked like it has swum full tilt into the jetty. almost flat.

i'm now the topepupmeister....3 so far.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
workington pier not the best i would say it was a dog fish i caught one the other month and i was suprised.
you should of give me a shout i would of come down to see ya

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Hi, the givaway is the eyes, LSD have the black ones! and the Bull Huss have ones similar in colour to Hounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts