World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:fish::fish:This has been my first season of specifically targeting Bass. I would just like to say thanks to the many of you (you know who you are) who have contributed answers and replies to the various questions and requests for help that have most certainly been responsible for a great season. The best day being 25 Bass off the beach (in the surf) of Camber Sands and quite a few great meals as a result.:clap:

As the Cod season looms along with the shorter days and longer (colder) nights and yet another learning curve approaches I was wondering how much longer the Bass are likely to be about ? :fish:

G

·
Two months depending on how cold it gets. We are on 'orrible Orford tomorrow and the 7/0 penells are coming out to play and getting loaded with double squid and mackerel fillet baits. It's a club match, but I can't be arsed with catching a shed load of whiting, so it's s**t or bust.

·
Registered
12,594 Posts
Hello Nick. Bass seem to hang around at Dungie up until mid December imho. The boats and the point being particularly good. different tactics to Camber are required though. The only problem is the Cod anglers disturbing the peace lol . Oct/Nov early Dec is good for big ones on livebait in darkness fished in the surf and also after a big blow when there many shellfish torn from the sea bed and deposited on the shingle for your convenience. Free bait (bonus).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Nick. Bass seem to hang around at Dungie up until mid December imho. The boats and the point being particularly good. different tactics to Camber are required though. The only problem is the Cod anglers disturbing the peace lol . Oct/Nov early Dec is good for big ones on livebait in darkness fished in the surf and also after a big blow when there many shellfish torn from the sea bed and deposited on the shingle for your convenience. Free bait (bonus).
Cheers for that . . . . . guess that means no wading then ! Thought I'd try a pulley pennel on one rod with dirty squid and some mackie on the other.

We are hoping to get down there on Tuesday (as there's a bit of a hoolie f/cast for Monday and Tuesday) work permitting with maybe some fresh mackies from S/Hoe on Monday if they are still about.

Cheers once again Sir . . . . . . will let you know how we get on assuming we get to go :sneaky2:

G

·
i've caught bass up to 4lb between christmas and new year in more than one year on dover breakwater.

had bass in january down dungeness as well on a few occasions.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Some of my best bassing has been in November, including a 17 fish hall, of fish between 3.5lb and 5.9lb.

In the late 80,s a 17lb bass was caught in November from my old mans charter boat, this fish was tagged and released, probably the biggest bass to be tagged at the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.