World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a tiga off ebay (sl12) and it was listed as only used about 10times... its the old one without the smartcharger :( but i charge it for about 24 hours... and the battery only lasts about 4-5hours (switching to full beam about 3 times 4 20secs or so)

i swear i read they should last up to 8 hours on normal beam? any suggestions? am i not charging it long enough?

i was going to buy a smartcharger when i get the money, but they aparently last even less time, so thats definately out of the question if this is the case

thanks

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
i bought a tiga off ebay (sl12) and it was listed as only used about 10times... its the old one without the smartcharger :( but i charge it for about 24 hours... and the battery only lasts about 4-5hours (switching to full beam about 3 times 4 20secs or so)

i swear i read they should last up to 8 hours on normal beam? any suggestions? am i not charging it long enough?

i was going to buy a smartcharger when i get the money, but they aparently last even less time, so thats definately out of the question if this is the case

thanks
Have you checked the watt rating of the bulb you mainly use?

A 10w bulb would run those hours…the 6w should do 8 on a good battery.

(if checking do not touch bulb with fingers)

:)

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
cant mind what version i have but i get8-9 hours normal beam and 2-3 on moonbeam lol

·
Registered
926 Posts
tiga sl12 12hrs on the 6w bulb and 3.5hrs on the 20w bulb

by the sounds of it the battery knackered

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i thought ashLEY... went today, turned it on at 2.30... by 4.30 it wasnt powerful enough for full beam, nad had faded dramaticly :(

bout £30 int they fir a new battery?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Unfortuntately thats probably why it was advertised on eBay. Get some good deals, but with a lot of electrical 'used' stuff I tend to stay clear unless its an eBay Shop or seller with 100% feedback

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
thats what i thought ashLEY... went today, turned it on at 2.30... by 4.30 it wasnt powerful enough for full beam, nad had faded dramaticly :(

I got a new battery for 24 euro from Maplins so you should get one for about £20 in the UK.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i had the same prob spoke to an electrical minded mate and he said to keep on charge all the time when not in use, lead acid battries tend to lose there charge if only charged once a week and then not used limiting the life of the battery

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I had a tiga head unit given and had to buy a battery, phoned round and got one from our local agricultural outlet for £10 +vat oh and it was a 12ah, so shop about.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts

Go to your nearest battery centre and get a 12ah.Should be about £15,also check the bulbs.I renew the battery every year,during the winter its used 3 times a week and hasnt let me down yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts