World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there is no correct answer as such but how long do we think it takes a species to either move in or out due to conditions? E.g lovely spell of settled weather for hounds then the wind changes and the sea picks up. Will they move straight out or will it take a day or two and vice Versa .

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
I know that there is no correct answer as such but how long do we think it takes a species to either move in or out due to conditions? E.g lovely spell of settled weather for hounds then the wind changes and the sea picks up. Will they move straight out or will it take a day or two and vice Versa .
All shark species do to respond to changes into barometric pressure. They do to be very sensitive to such changes and to seek deeper water with plenty of time to spare.
Much as it does to of been said a rattle snake does to sense an earthquake before it does to occur, the same can to be said for sharks and stormy weather.
The time it does take, does to depend onto the distance from adequate depth, speed of the animal itself as well as the speed to the pressure change.
If the change does to be slow and low pressure will to arrive into a few days, a hound can to spend more time feeding into plentiful waters whilst to move slowly to depths of safety.
If pressure does to drop fast, it will to be more of a sprint.

·
Joined 2009
18,326 Posts
When the wind goes north the bass fishing here crumbles, sometimes, I don’t think the fish have gone, where would they go ? They wouldn’t swim miles and miles to escape a northerly wind only to return for the next onshore storm. They’re still there IMO

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
When the wind goes north the bass fishing here crumbles, sometimes, I don’t think the fish have gone, where would they go ? They wouldn’t swim miles and miles to escape a northerly wind only to return for the next onshore storm. They’re still there IMO
They may simply be feeding differently, or simply feeding in a different location - it's nothing for a fish like bass to swim miles in a day. I've a friend who's learnt his local beach and he can only catch when the wind is in a certain direction, between F3&5, for a 3 week period at the same time every year. We both believe the fish simply don't turn up at all if the weather isn't suitable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts