World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long did it take u lot to catch ur fisrt fish? it took me a month!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
depends first sea fish i caught casting on my own, baiting up with no help was at the age of six it was a dab, after that there was no stopping me!!! used have to litterally drag me off of clay beach (norfolk) at 4.00am when the whiting were in!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Jakeb,

I've never caught one in Wales yet after years of trying. However I'm going back tomorrow for another go.

Will let you know how I got on when I get back.

Cheers

Drew

·
The Bean Counter
44,136 Posts
First time I tried sea fishing caught a small Pollack from harbour wall. Have been hooked since.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I became hooked on sea fishing when I was about 8....I caught my dad sneeking out on a staturday evening...Up to that day I think I must have thought he was off to the Pub when he sneaked out! The next saturday he took me to weymouths stone peir where after he had set up a small rod for me and cast it out, i caught a small pollack before he had his rod sorted out! after that it was regular trips out fishing from the peir nearly every saturday after that. the first fish I caught when i had set up the rod myself was a 2lb pollack on a float.... I saw the float go under and then dissapear i thought i had lost it all. since then i have fished in many places and used many different bait ... even steak that caught me a 10lb bass in Portsmouth harbour off one of our warships!! and moray eels in the west indies....nasty bu**ers them teeth that make congers a little like plastic knifes. Now I live in Poole about 2mins from the beach and quay only to wish I had some deep water fishing available to me.....I miss fishing chesil beach at west bexington and cogdon and abbotsbury......... at least I can dig my own bait here and collect any amout of shell fish too. :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Jakeb

Donot WORRY about how long it is before you catch your first fish. Its taken me 20 years to catch my 1st 10lb plus fish. But it is not the catching its the taking part of our beautiful pastime that appeals to me.

Woodster

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It took me about 3 hours to catch my first fish! :eek:

·
Registered
767 Posts
It was such a long time ago i cant really remember the first sea fish i caught. but i was about when i caught my first freshwater fish, a fine specimen perch of around 3 once....................

:) :) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts