World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one haven't gone through Lockdown this Time what I know some ain't listening we are in local lock down Areas where we can't access the coast but some are still going from them areas I got slated last time for Doing it all I can say his watch yourself it's been policed more heavily this time.

·
Premium Member
8,565 Posts
@Dellboy167 I for one totally agree with you buddy.
Sad to say very few are listening.

"just go and say nothing" seams to be the mental attitude of many people.

That sentence contains the two words that tipify the true reality
They are....... "JUST and MENTAL"

·
Registered
739 Posts
@Dellboy167 I for one totally agree with you buddy.
Sad to say very few are listening.

"just go and say nothing" seams to be the mental attitude of many people.

That sentence contains the two words that tipify the true reality
They are....... "JUST and MENTAL"
Probably the reason there are not many"catch reports"being posted?? I live a couple of hundred yards from the beach and there are plenty of anglers fishing aberavon but not many "catch reports " coming from there??"fish followers" or lockdown rule breaker's or just non members fishing....not pointing the finger at anyone in particular....just my opinion....salty

·
Premium Member
8,565 Posts
Probably the reason there are not many"catch reports"being posted?? I live a couple of hundred yards from the beach and there are plenty of anglers fishing aberavon but not many "catch reports " coming from there??"fish followers" or lockdown rule breaker's or just non members fishing.... not pointing the finger at anyone in particular....just my opinion....salty
I totally agree @Salty 65 It would be wrong to single out anyone in particular. There are people I know personally who have and still are out there fishing. I do t agree with it but it's there choice. If they can live with the thought that it's THIER ACTIONS that is partly the reason why things are not getting better, then that's up to them. I just hope it doesn't come back and bite them in the a***.

I have and will continue to avoid contact with everyone when I out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I for one haven't gone through Lockdown this Time what I know some ain't listening we are in local lock down Areas where we can't access the coast but some are still going from them areas I got slated last time for Doing it all I can say his watch yourself it's been policed more heavily this time.
Police stopping cars on Loughor bridge few people had £400 fines
Also just off junction 48 up by the speed camera near Llangennech.

·
Premium Member
8,565 Posts
Police stopping cars on Loughor bridge few people had £400 fines
Also just off junction 48 up by the speed camera near Llangennech.
Burry port and West of it are under "national restrictions" as opposed to the "local restrictions" in most other South Wales districts.
Police are controlng the outer boundaries to stop covid spreading into less infected areas.
Pity they aren't doing between the "local areas" as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, we have a park opposite the house and the cars that have been here today has been mental. Dont think there was anyone who lives in the village in the park

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Hi all . I hav nt been out for ages ,prob 2 months and climbing up the walls to go .I wont go sneeking off as respect what we have to do hopefully just for for a while.I know certain people are going but there u are . will be out as soon as we can .I suspect the eels are old and grey ....like me .Hang in there guys ,stay safe and well get catching again wah hoo :p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
i know that the police/civvi police are going around with camera vans and recording number plates, those that are from out of area find a ticket in the post as has happened to a women from port talbot who went to McArthur glen shopping lol i for one can`t really afford a fine so i`m staying put in llantwit , it ain`t really a bad place to fish lol

·
Premium Member
25,526 Posts
Covid has not to much of a hold here, and I keep telling myself it would do me good to have a couple of hours on the whiting. Then again every idiot and his dog are walking along the front giving no thought to social distancing, especially the dogs.

If I go out at night there is the danger of feral kids, even to someone in a mobility buggy. There have been some nasty incidents around the towns.
Hoping my son may find time to do some fishing and I can go with him.

·
Registered
583 Posts
interesting to read people’s options on the matter but let’s put a different perspective on this situation we find ourselves in..... I work anywhere ranging from Cheltenham, Bath, Bristol, Taunton Newport, Cardiff, Swansea, and everywhere in between. I will go enter up to 10 houses per day all over this area, yet I cannot fish alone in the open air making zero contact with anyone whilst I’m out. Logic in this please.

fishing is an escape from the world for many of us including myself. It’s a way of us managing our health wether that me physical or mental. You’re all entitled to your opinions but why are we attempting to bring people down??

Ps got stopped by the fuzz who told me to enjoy and be safe

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lloyd well you got away with it this time by the police I can't risk a Fine myself times are hard enough without being slapped with a heavy Fine I'm Tempted to go with the Mrs so not Mixing with Anyone Else has She Drive's I just don't Think it's Worth Risk on other hand if Wales goes into Full lockdown can't see why they can't let people Travel to Do They're outside Activities .

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. Last time it was "advised" not to travel more than 5 miles. Where as this time it is a strict rule of not leaving your area without a reasonable excuse.

My dilemma is that I can travel by public transport to sit in a pub 20 miles away (still in RCT) but cannot drive my own car to the coast and fish alone 12 miles. For me this is frustrating as it contradicts the other message that masks, social distancing, no contact with others and being out doors works.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have heard of people shopping out of their area being fined £300 I'm lucky enough to live in Bridgend council so I can fish porthcawl at least

1 - 20 of 62 Posts