World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

is there anybody who could tell me (or better show on pictures) how to bait a Pennel Rig with a squid/lugworm cocktail.
Thank you very much.:notworthy

Greetings
Carsten

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

thank´s for the quick answer.:kissing:
One more question. Is the bait drawn on the hook with the aid of a baiting needle
and the top hook is then put in this kind of sausage? Hope my english is not so bad.

Greetings
Carsten

·
Registered
11,121 Posts
you could use a needle to bait up if thats how you prefer to do it but its not neccesary.

once the bottom hook is baited up the top hook is slid down the line and hooked into the top of the bait giving a hook at either end of the bait.

depending on how the rig is built the top hook could be trapped in a sleeve or something else. in this case the hook is simply slid up to the bait then hooked through.

if the top hook is loose like a flier then hold the hook next to the bait and wrap it 3 times around the line before passing through the bait.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hello,

thank´s for the quick answer.:kissing:
One more question. Is the bait drawn on the hook with the aid of a baiting needle
and the top hook is then put in this kind of sausage? Hope my english is not so bad.

Greetings
Carsten
It depends on the bait Carsten. Sometimes it would be although I don't tend to use baitneedles myself. I normally build cocktails on the hooks with elastic. I'd thread up some worms then grab some mussel and hold the mussel in place then lash it together to form the sausage directly on the hooks. The main objectives are to 1/keep the bait on the hook, 2/ keep the hook point exposed and clear.

Viel Spass beim lernen :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts