World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I did a photo step by step guide on Dismantling/Assembling the Abu 6500 C3CT Mag Elite. I'm limited to the number of pics I can post here but the full guide is here:

http://www.wirralseafishing.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13777

Also 3D model of the reel and photo/video guide at:

www.hudstonengineer.co.cc

Hope it helps. :D

Example photo: Mag mechanism.

Abu Ambassadeur 6500 C3CT Mag Elite Disassembly Video

Abu Ambassadeur 6500 C3CT Mag Elite Assembly Video

Download Abu Reel Schematics from here:
http://www.abugarcia.com/product_schematic.php

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Very impressive!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Excellent! Just what I needed! A conger cracked my 6500 CT Rocket Chrome, and I just had'nt courage enough to open it at change parts and all, but now I do. :)

What about making this thread a sticky?

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi does anybody know of a place to get spares for this reel .i need the tiny little plastic sleeve part n.o 22565 as one has fell to bits its the bit on the spool .:-(
cheers

·
Registered
339 Posts
hi does anybody know of a place to get spares for this reel .i need the tiny little plastic sleeve part n.o 22565 as one has fell to bits its the bit on the spool .:-(
cheers
yes me me me me its only a brake better without them or just the one
i have a couple if yer stuck
pm me if you need a couple

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Nice, that makes it look easy peasy!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
:clap:Thanks for that..............your video gave me the "nerve" to convert my Mag Elite to the new six point cetrifugal brake ane four slot pinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
o i have just been given the reel and when i took it apart to clean there was only 1 so it realy doesnt matter then .i was not sure what they did.
thankyou all what a great site there is always someone who knows

·
Registered
260 Posts
is this the same for the 5500??

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Can you tell is the layout the same on the right hand plate (handle side) for an old non mag elite. Cheers Melv.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
One of the guys on Alan Tani's site has also stripped & rebuilt a 6500 C3, you can view his tutorial HERE

Maybe the OP would like to post a link on Alan's site to his own tutorial? If only to remind our colonial cousins that we too can inform & advise

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
gift from the gods! my abu ctc3 was found in the bottom of my bag a month ago arfter 2 years of neglect, (got into carping) obiously did wash it down before packing awat and is a bit of a mess, the gears ar crancky and the anti reverse needs to be put in manualy before rewinding! was gana take it to the tackle shop and just throw money at it, as it was my first real decent reel! needs some real TLC!
hopfully with this info i got the confidence to have a go myself!
(SILVER MODEL WITH THE GOLD CREST, ABSOLUTLY STUNNING) this time its going knowere near salt water! just piking for this baby:hug:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts