World Sea Fishing Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would just like to say thankyou for this post, it has given me the courage to repair mine without paying someone to do it! Thankyou!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was hoping someone could help or advise.Recently bought green 6500 mag elite off ebay.Have noticed spool is off centre.Took the spool out to clean bearings but thats as far as i dare go for now.There is no play on the side with bullet spacer and adjusting knobs on side plates has no effect.Previous owner assures me all parts are original but he did send it to abu for repair a few years ago.Could it be something is missing or not installed correctly.It has me and mates stuck.This is my first post.Cheers.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi there bridgo, sorry no one has replied to your 1st post. and welcome to the forum.the only advice i can give you is too take both side plates off and check if any thing is tight or bent like the spindle also check the bullet spacer is fully home and around the right way, on mine it will only fit one way so i assume it is the same on yours,you only need a very slight sideways play on the spool when the mag and the cap by the star drag are loosened off slightly then check too see if the spool spins freely. if you still have no joy post a new post and i am sure somebody more knowledgeably will help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
the pik at the top is diffrent to my reel the long skinny flimzy thing is diff to mine i have the abu 6500 c3 ct mag elite green one oldish one can any 1 help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
116 Posts
hi m8 ive got the reel thas in your instruction book thingy just wonderin if u got nemore help on fixing that i ust cant get thhe side plate bk on sorry fela

·
Registered
105 Posts
Spent 1/2 an hour last week trying to put the mag side back together. Googled for instructions, plenty there but no one seemed to show what I needed. Muddled my way through and it works fine now. Today, I opened this sticky :doh:.

Thanks for posting-this will be my 'go to' for anything ABU from now on.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
994 Posts
That's proper useful, anyone got any links on playing with, setting up or upgrading the brake? Stuff like mag conversions etc.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts