World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to stay at mabe burnthouse, any one know where it is and if there are any good plots to fish (dont really want to do a sir edmond hilary to get to the fish though), really after any kind of ray from the shore as i have never caught one and i really really really want one to add to the photo album, also anyone got the tides for the area for the 6th till the13th of august (dont really want too much do i!!!), really appreciate any help you can offer
cheers
fatboy

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah brother....Mabe is just near Falmouth. If you in essex i guess you would get of the m25 and down the A303, A30 then follow the signs for Falmouth from the Redruth junction. in terms of fishing, loads of spots available to you around falmouth....and, Im told a very very good charter fishing boat

www.seguecharters.co.uk

just check out the gallery! Have a great holiday !!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mabe is near Penryn which in turn is near falmouth. There are loads of spots on the Penryn river which is a tributary of the Fal. Mostly Pollack, Mackrel and Bass to be found on the river. Alternatively you can go off beach fishing at either Swanpool, Gylingvase or castle Beach which are in falmouth. Another option is Maenporth beach which is towards a village called Mawnan Smith from Falmouth and round the coast from Swanpool. Alternatively you can go off the rocks between Swanpool and Maenporth which can wield some good ray and at night time Bull Huss. Charter boats can wield huge conger and ling. Tide times are best printed off the internet at the bbc or books can be brought in just about every newsagent around here for 50p. Tackle and bait are best brought from the Tackle Shop in Falmouth and Trago Mills can wield cheap tackle and rods! use www.yell.com and you can get a map of where they are in town.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts