World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i have just been and got myself a load of fresh peelers and was wondering what was the best way to keep them. a lot of them are in the earlie stages of peeling.
i have a bait fridge but not if to put them in yet as they are not popped their shells yet

cheers

Danny

D

·
0 Posts
i keep mine in bucket's in the shed/garage.give them a drink of sea water each day and seperate the popper's from the harder ones.keep the popper's in the fridge to hold them at that stage till u want to use them.

don't let them get too hot either in the shed.also put a layer of weed over them whilst in the bucket's.

get hold of one of the garden type sprayer things and give the one's in the fridge a spray now and again,also don't leave any water in with your crab's or they will rot and die.any that do die chuck away.....dave.

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
hi

i have just been and got myself a load of fresh peelers and was wondering what was the best way to keep them. a lot of them are in the earlie stages of peeling.
i have a bait fridge but not if to put them in yet as they are not popped their shells yet

cheers

Danny
just a bit of seawater and keep checking them , its usually trial and error :)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
in the biggest bucket or plastic box you can find. either under sea weed or damp news paper. check them every day and when you can just feel the crack put them in the fridge to hold them off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts