World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to make your own hands interesting silicone lure. Craft lure is very simple and easy!

20151011_15260722.jpg

P41001633.jpg

Hello dear anglers, a few months ago, I saw in the expanses of the Internet, as people poured silicone remelted and get a very high quality lures. Immediately came the idea to make that something interesting. Through trial and error, I have reached a certain experience, who are willing to share with you.

The model of the lure was made of polymer clay, wire legs. Basically I model lures are made of clay and polymer clay. What would be manufactured in the form of gypsum quality silicone lure, you need to make a few passing forms.

The easiest and Budgetary believe gypsum material. Since it is very convenient to operate. It is easily treated. I use the plaster of different brands. For a strong and high-quality form is better to use high-grade gypsum. Baits get a decent quality. Having reached a certain experience, I want to share with you his practice. And also interesting ideas come experiment with liquid silicone, adding a variety of additives, foods (coffee, fish oil, fish meal, dried blood, etc.).

I made a complex geometric shape lure - dragonfly larvae, the lure was the length of the shelf 34 mm, width of 5 mm. In order to lure foot have a natural look. Long fussed with polymer clay in the manufacture of the legs and the best solution in my opinion for this was a thin wire. I used tin wire. It is flexible and soft, it is easy and quick to bend and process. Wire to polymer clay very well adheres super glue.

Let's talk about the production of the plaster form. After immersion in the plaster model of the lure after 10 minutes with a spoon or a favorite subject cleans plaster half feet. In order that we could extract the model. Once hardened, the first part of the form, I cover it with a thick model soapy soap. After drying, the two halves of the plaster mold to open them with a thin layer of polymer resin. The form of grease with fish oil. Pour the lure glass syringe. For that I would like to draw attention because it is on the cast. Gypsum can in principle be of any brand. But it is better to use a plaster of high quality. He fine sand and no additives. It is harder to repeat the model and allow maximum quality.

Again, that would make the most high quality silicone lure. If you remove the polymer clay or plaster model of the form, have form often break off the edge. You will need to handle this silicone lure, cut burr where the solder silicone, which is then to add some elements. After back to mold. Carrying out such operations, you can make the most quality bait.

Words fail to convey the process of making think that visual form will help you to make your own lure. Note the density of gypsum plaster because of PVA glue it becomes pliable and slows down the time of seizure. Silicone models are very easily molded in plaster. Here you can see the process:
. Friends, sorry for bad english. Translation via google translator

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Most excellent Aleksandr. Thanks for sharing this with us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts