World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here, so im not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but anyway, here it goes.
i am going to Crete in a few weeks, and i will be going fishing. last time we went there there were octopuses, and some HUGE unknown fish. i was just asking if anyone could help me. i want to be able to catch an octopus from the harbour (sitting on rocks) the octopuses aren't very big, only about 2-3lb's and i would like to have a go catching one. my uncle managed to hook one accidently, but it fell off just as we reeled it in. so does anyone know how i could set up some kind of net? i have searched and searched but cant find anything. please help!

--Gangstarrr

PS. i look fowars to posting some more.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi Gangstarrr, whilst in Greece the locals would get a big strong treble hook and tie some white cloth around the shank, they would then attach a short peice of very heavy line to the treble and attach a heavy lead to this. The treble was then tied again to heavy line on a hand line something like a crab line you can buy here in the UK. The thing was then lowered down the wall and jigged up and down the octopus would for some reason try to grab the white cloth getting impaled on the treble (Ouch) the locals would then pull the poor old octupus from its lair and eat him. There were also some ready made things called apropriatly KILLERS but the treble and cloth seemed to outfish the shop bought things.

Hope that helps not very good for catch and return but if you intend to eat em OK.

Ryan. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts