World Sea Fishing Forums banner

How Would You Attack This Mark

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  martinw 
#1 ¡
I presume this would be the right location for Bass. Not far from Estuary mouth on Suffolk coast. The tide pulls hard on flood and ebb in main channel. The water is fairly coloured. I am sure bass go up the river as they were jumping in front of me in the slacker water.
What lures will work!? Cheers
Water Cloud Sky Natural landscape Highland

See less See more
#11 ¡
Pink softs in water that colour,,,,
And hot shad colours work for me...

Hot shad zonk could do very well there,, as would Savage gear sandeel, in similar colour,,, often the bottom is much cleaner water..........

But pink is deadly,,, bfm type lures,, keep it on the deck,, even slack water periods,, work it back nice and slow, tapping the bottom with the jig head,, (dinner bell)
Rattle in tail helps,, imho,,

Good luck with it,,

Mark

#18 ¡
Pink softs in water that colour,,,,
And hot shad colours work for me...

Hot shad zonk could do very well there,, as would Savage gear sandeel, in similar colour,,, often the bottom is much cleaner water..........

But pink is deadly,,, bfm type lures,, keep it on the deck,, even slack water periods,, work it back nice and slow, tapping the bottom with the jig head,, (dinner bell)
Rattle in tail helps,, imho,,

Good luck with it,,

Mark
You mean this but in Pink? Might struggle to get it out as only 20g. BFM lures?

#12 ¡
Problem with deep fast channels is they wash the lure through quicker than you can control them and they lose their action. True you can put a heavy jighead on a sp and bounce the bottom but if you don't know the ground well it can run expensive. Given it's coloured it could be worth trying a flying condom but if its like my local estuary I'd give it a miss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.