World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thw Marina's a good starting point; easy access, free parking and a bait shop. Can get a bit crowded and the bootom's well snaggy in places so take plenty of lead. Beaches between Marina and pier also good and make a more relaxing venue; main town beaches can be a bit hassley with too much non angling population. Good luck, may be out myself sunday night.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wotcha! I went to the Marina Friday and had a great day after the Whiting. Caught lots along with some visiting Polish lads from Reading. The language problem was soon solved what with my Welsh and their Polish. Their Vodka helped a GREAT deal!!!!! As you say a tidy venue £2.50 per rod a ltttle steep perhaps but the breakwater sticks out quite far and I eventually discocered that the fish were right under my feet. Quite a pull up from the sea but a safe wall and friendly 'bays', although small kids at risk where bays meet as only strands of wire at these points. There is a child friendly walkway 10' above the 'fisherman's walkway so a 'minder' could still watch from safety.

Very friendly shop (The Bait Box - at Westerly end and well worth a visit though a long walk alongside the marina before you pick up the actual breakwater at the easterly end.) I was dropped there (I had to walk back after the Vodka!) but parking is cheap or free it seems and masses to entertain non-fishing family, also an ASDA. I was using attractants and once the Whiting were in, the sport was fast and furious. Be careful of rods though as there are much bigger species there including BIG conger, so secure rods. I had one incredible bite luckily when I was holding my rod other wise it would have been lost! The fish was!

On Grandfather duty Sunday and went to Hove (West 2 miles) and saw Flounder being caught off a shingle beach by an Italian lad who enjoyed the beach and had seen Bass (6 he said) being caught last week. Was a bit sceptical of this at this time of the year but soon saw a dinghy being winched up the beach complete with monofilament net and a boxful of lovely Bass ( 20 or so, 3 - 6lb at an estimate - Photo to follow!) caught 800yds off the beach! Hope he let a few get through to my friends! One chap rekoned that the fishing was great at Dungeness IF you could find room on the beach!

What's Shoreham Harbour like?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good day the fishing round here seems unseasonably good there were even mackerel still being caught off the marina around xmas.
The bloke at the tackle box also has a website worht checking for local info.
At this time of year Shoreham harbour's good for flatties off the arms (west is better I've found) plus whiting and the occasional school bass. Kingston beach by the lighthouse has a good reputation, I can't coment having fished there only 3 times without a bite. So i won't offer tactical advice.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wotcha Watcha, thanks for the info. Hope to be there again later in the year, grandchildren permitting!

Do you always have anglers forcing spirits on you on that marina?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts