World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

any news from knab rock? are there any fish down there? last time i fished there were hundreds of anglers and not a single bite!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Still a bit slow as yet

Caught a few whiting including one which was 16" and loads of doggies some of which are a tidy size.

Don't bother during daylight.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
The Knab has always been a night venue, even when it was the "lime kilns" there are always flats on the early flood & late ebb, & whiting & the odd codling when the water is up. ;)
Best tides are darkness falling 2 1/2 to 3 hrs before H.W. fish the last 3 up & at least the first 2 hrs back, fishing in daylight is purely for the "Grocks". :lol:
When I came in with the boat last week there were lots of anglers lining the wall, & I saw some nice whiting being caught (better than I had on the boat)! :angry:
Personally I prefer the Saundersfoot "area" not so urbanised as Mumbles.
Has anybody tried the steps outside County Hall in Swansea :( that used to fish as well as the Knab & there was never anybody there ;) next time I go it will be heaving probably, its worth a chuck ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trouble with county hall/black pill is that it is soooo flat you need a huge cast to get any depth to your bait!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts