World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#00FF00'>hi all im just introducing myself as u can see im a new member
i will be in dingle in november on honeymoon and if anyone &nbsp;
can give mesome info on what species i can expect and the best venues. oh yes i will be fishing the shore,thanks</font>

D

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi Jonah,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; anywhere around the Dingle peninsula will provide excellent shore fishing. My advice is to fish a place called Cloghane which is north of Dingle. I haven&#39;t actually fished there myself yet but I hear it provides excellent beach, estuary and rock fishing all in close proximity.

I&#39;ll hopefully be down there late September and be able to give you exact marks but generally anywhere in Kerry is considered the best fishing in Ireland so you can&#39;t go wrong

Peace
Alan</font>

·
Registered
18 Posts
<font color='#000000'>would you dare fish whilst on your honeymoon? suppose you might as well start as you mean to go on,....lol,....as for dingle, the commercial harbour for conger and coalie also dog at night,...4 miles east of dingle is minard castle, take lane past it and theres a small pier,conger ,dog, at night,...minard beach for "ray" though ive yet to get 1 from there,beach also good for doggies but wee pier gives more varied bag, dogs get on your tits after a doz or so,lug can be dug just outside dingle heading west at milltown,on west 4 miles is ventry, 2 piers here,1st is down lane almost facing pub,and gives dogs dogs and more dogs at night, bass also on the beach in good surf,as are occasional thornbacks,on round the other side of the bay is cuan pier, comfortable fishing spot with a handy street lamp for night fishing and a wall to break the wind, again dogs and strap conger odd ray too,frozen sand eel and mack strip ive found to be best bait,brandon creek is and enclosed harbour,offering conger to 30lb and dogs some good 3 bearded rockling also taken here,smerwick harbour at ballydavid for conger and dogs rays and flatties from the sandy beaches in smerwick too,on the northern side of the penninsula theres the famous surf beaches at cloghane and castlegregory as well as derrymore strand,famous for bass and ray if yet to get so much as a bite along this coast,sand eel and mackeral can be bought in the sports shop in dingle as well as in supervalue store,hope this is of some use to you, Stephen, Belfast,</font>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the post only now ive seen it ,what with the forum being down and that.ive fished the places tou mentioned but only in the summer i&#39;ll give it a go in november thanks.ps in kinsale i only fished the head very good for descent sized wrasse all around the 4.5 to 6lb mark .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts