World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a few mates are coming over to fish the Pier tomorrow, (Thursday!), and were wondering whats about at the moment? Are the Dab still there? Are there any Conger about?

Will be fishing with Rag, Mackeral, Squid and Sand Eel.

Gunna try on the float as well, see if theres andything small about?!?

Churs Fellas!

Ben

·
Registered
462 Posts
fished there monday 2 hours up and 2 down used same bait as what your guna be using and had a shed full of fish.

doggies , pouting, red gurnard,whiting and a small dab the dog fish were all tidy size to no small skinny pups about.

there was a guy who was float fishing there dint see him have anything tho

best of luck i may see you down there

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Fished the Knab Monday night..

Dogfish, Pin Whiting, Dogfish, Pin Whiting, Dogfish.............. well you get the picture;)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big-Jay
Sound, well we'll be down there all day like, so come along! I read your report on you catching a Gurnard down there the other day! Sounds good!

Whats the water like? Is it clearing up now?

Ben

·
Registered
462 Posts
Big-Jay
Sound, well we'll be down there all day like, so come along! I read your report on you catching a Gurnard down there the other day! Sounds good!

Whats the water like? Is it clearing up now?

Ben
its not to bad considering were in swansea bay lol but id say its starting to clear up now yea.

yea was shocked myself to have a gurrnard this early in the season but just goes to show how F*cked up the climate is.
get there nice and early mate to get a decent spot as u can only realy fish each end of the pier its full of snags in the midddle, theres old benches that got thrown in years ago off the end and they prob got caught up in old nets and that. 2 guys there monday from cardiff tryed fishing there 1st cast each they both snagged and lost they gear but then i told them then so they moved next to me on the left corner.

anyways cya there dude

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
hi ginge youll catch more down mumbles then you did down sand bay m8 use 3 hook flappers size 1/0 hooks rag,squid or mac tipped and away you go lol let us no how you get on :)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yer sound churs lads! Ordered our bait in Mainwarings, so should be there at bang on 9! Might see you down there then Big_Jay!

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
462 Posts
best of getting your bait in rogers mate, its top quality worm and it opens at 7.30 am

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Too late ordered now! Lol, should be oright, leaving here at 6.00am!

Ben

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a shocker, I BLANKED ON MUMBLES PIER! What is it coming to? Moved to Oxwich Bay, and the same result! My mate had 2 Doggies and a Dab, gutted!

Ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts