World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can eny one realy say why was the hst was made , whot is it ment for , rought ,, semi rought or just out and out casting , its got all but usless bite detection unless your hooked into somthing big , iv got a pair of them lovly build on them would never sell em , all i can think of is they just for field use , pleae correct me

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
all i know is hst=high speed tip fast recovery good for a fast/hit hard style of casting

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
can eny one realy say why was the hst was made , whot is it ment for , rought ,, semi rought or just out and out casting , its got all but usless bite detection unless your hooked into somthing big , iv got a pair of them lovly build on them would never sell em , all i can think of is they just for field use , pleae correct me
I have several HST's including a couple of early blue ones. HST's are really meant for very hard running tides and rocky ground. Fished in those scenarios the bite detection is very good. Fished on a clean/mixed beach with 5/6oz of lead and they are not going to perform as well as say an HSM, unless its winter storm/heavy conditions.

They are not just for field use, however, they are an awesome casting rod with a proven pedigree.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Terry makes different rods for different fishing conditions..a lot of the welsh guys love a hst... Because of the type of ground they are fishing over.. If you think that's stiff..take a look at the zeteque.. I think hst are a lovely rod..

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I Dont think the tip is that bad, there's a lot worse out there in that range .. myself I didn't get on with it at first but now love it. But gotta say the hsm is my favorite fishing rod

·
Registered
499 Posts
Tend to agree with Mike, HSM for fishing and HST for casting. I have not used my HST for fishing, but I could see a place for it when targeting sharks, rays or some of our hard running big fish. Having said that, the HSM seems to cope just fine and the softer tip allows for the odd mistimed cast from the beach.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yep i agree there hsm a realy great rod problem is iv got t-zero;s and primo synchros and hsm;s all 3 fantasic rods but just cant make up my mind which to use on the day so i end up taking all 3 of them :fish:

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep i agree there hsm a realy great rod problem is iv got t-zero;s and primo synchros and hsm;s all 3 fantasic rods but just cant make up my mind which to use on the day so i end up taking all 3 of them :fish:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
the hst has a stiff tip? no bite detection ? just for tournament casting ?, the hst is by no means the stiffest rod zziplex has ever made and tbh is a great rough ground rod with a very good bite detection unless you are targeting blennies

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I found my dymic hst a cracking rod,would whack a bait miles with little effort and bite detection was very good,could spot a dab fart at 100yards,never used a standered hst but the dymic is a super rod that i used everywhere.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found my dymic hst a cracking rod,would whack a bait miles with little effort and bite detection was very good,could spot a dab fart at 100yards,never used a standered hst but the dymic is a super rod that i used everywhere.
i thought the hst dymic was the standard hst rod , both mine have hst dymic on them , above that there is the hst evo , below the hst dymic is the hsm , but no other hst between the hsm and hst dymic

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
i thought the hst dymic was the standard hst rod , both mine have hst dymic on them , above that there is the hst evo , below the hst dymic is the hsm , but no other hst between the hsm and hst dymic
Dymic means stiffer in the middle of the tip..so theres the standard hst,the dymic hst and the dymic hst evo..all range in stiffness..classics..

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a pair and love them I think they are the best all round fishing rod avalible I think bite detection is good ,casting is great ,powerfull enough to land big ray , conger , tope etc but also able to see the bite and feel the weight of an average pout I can't fault them

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

First HST (non dymic)came out in the 90's (Green/blue blank), Dymic HST late 90's/2000's onward, EVO more recently. Differences: Early model very stiff, Dymic model, modern materials ect, EVO version is beefed up. Dates are a rough idea not exact. Great rods...

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dymic means stiffer in the middle of the tip..so theres the standard hst,the dymic hst and the dymic hst evo..all range in stiffness..classics..
thanks iven , now i understand why mine are so still , my pair are the dymic models not the standard , great thanks all for you help:bye1::bye1:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts