World Sea Fishing Forums banner

HTO Game 3000 Fitting metal spring on infinite anti reverse mechanism

521 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Norm B 
#1 ·
Hi

My first post on the reel repair section.

I should be very grateful if anyone can answer a couple of questions for me - apologies if they are a bit basic. Many thanks in advance for your help.

The crucial one (my reel is currently sitting on the garden table in bits as night draws in!): does anyone know how I refit this metal spring? It sprang out when I was taking the reel apart and this happened before I had registered how it fitted. I have tried putting it back, but it just springs out again each time. My best guess is that the clip fits in behind the black pole, bend to the left hand side, and short length closest to the spindle.

Second question - I don't understand how the anti-reverse works. It has this kind on plastic cage and bearings.

And I don't understand how it interacts with the plastic plate that the switch moves.

See less See more
#7 ·
Here is how I thought the spring might best fit:

But as you flip the switch, the pressure makes the spring come out. I can't see anything to hold it.

But this has become academic, because just now it pinged out and went down a gap in my decking!

So I re-assembled the reel without it and it works.

I can't say the reel is working smoothly now though (previously it was jammed though, so an improvement), it probably needs new bearings.

It's not an expensive reel, so maybe buying new bearings wouldn't be worth it?

But I hate throwing something away that can be repaired.

What about ceramic or marine grade bearings?

And is the sizing straightforward?

#8 ·
Here is how I thought the spring might best fit:

View attachment 1285811

But as you flip the switch, the pressure makes the spring come out. I can't see anything to hold it.

But this has become academic, because just now it pinged out and went down a gap in my decking!

So I re-assembled the reel without it and it works.

I can't say the reel is working smoothly now though (previously it was jammed though, so an improvement), it probably needs new bearings.

It's not an expensive reel, so maybe buying new bearings wouldn't be worth it?

But I hate throwing something away that can be repaired.

What about ceramic or marine grade bearings?

And is the sizing straightforward?
;) I've never seen one of those but then tech moves on, can you not get a schematic diagram online? Looks like it could do with a clean and lube. Good luck with it. ;)

#10 ·
If you go into the kitchen utilise the foot pedal and flip it inside because if bearings are shot then gearing will be also
The lever flips the IAR round so rollers can revolve either way

Best Chinese quality there bearings are pure rust.Needs total washing out with engine cleaner dried then greased n oil'd but by time done bearings and probably the IAR also if been rusty cost more than a reel and going to be same in a while as no seals etc
;) Not always so, my TLDs frequently had bearings seize because they were crap but gears OK. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.