World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen a lost cling on the admiralty, told it dungeness is a couple miles down the road....
Back to the fishing, it was ****e, did well to miss all the clings to catch the tings and pings and ggies.

Ps think I heard Santa reindeers as there was a few Christmas bells near by.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the new streetwise wsf cool way to say codling, like whiting. Someone actually used the word ting on the beach the other day and it was the most ridiculous thing I've heard... It's a whiting. So out of spite I've renamed codling "cling". And pouting ping and doggies ggies.

As for the reindeers I had some quality anglers next to me who were either Morris dancers or really liked the sound of a bell cutting through the nice tranquil relaxing starlit night

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's the new streetwise wsf cool way to say codling, like whiting. Someone actually used the word ting on the beach the other day and it was the most ridiculous thing I've heard... It's a whiting. So out of spite I've renamed codling "cling". And pouting ping and doggies ggies.

As for the reindeers I had some quality anglers next to me who were either Morris dancers or really liked the sound of a bell cutting through the nice tranquil relaxing starlit night
thats what you get when you fish piers

·
Registered
319 Posts
Love the humour!! Good report

Ade

·
Registered
260 Posts
If we take photos of the Codling will it be 'Cling Film?'

Tim R
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::idea::thumbs: ow i do love a nice bit of c film, lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just seen a lost cling on the admiralty, told it dungeness is a couple miles down the road....
Back to the fishing, it was ****e, did well to miss all the clings to catch the tings and pings and ggies.

Ps think I heard Santa reindeers as there was a few Christmas bells near by.
Jeepers mate, just wot the hell have you been drinking, Meths. Or perhapps you are suffering from shell shock, you must urgently seek help.:bleh:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeepers mate, just wot the hell have you been drinking, Meths. Or perhapps you are suffering from shell shock, you must urgently seek help.:bleh:
Well that's what I thought when I first read the word "ting" then to hear someone say it! It's like saying the word lol. It's not right. So why not invent a new inane word for codling, after all their just a pest that gets in the way when im trying to catch pings (pouting for old schoolers) lol :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well that's what I thought when I first read the word "ting" then to hear someone say it! It's like saying the word lol. It's not right. So why not invent a new inane word for codling, after all their just a pest that gets in the way when im trying to catch pings (pouting for old schoolers) lol :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I agree with the earlier sentiments about bells on rod tips, as it's something I find hugely annoying, especially this time of year when the whiting/yting/ting etc etc are ravenous…. The beautiful peace and quiet at Gravesend (rarely do you hear beautiful and Gravesend in the same sentence) was frequently punctured by an annoying bell on Friday night. However, I try to avoid casting too many aspersions as we should remember there may be anglers who are partially sighted, and who rely on such means of bite detection.
Cheers
Greg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts