World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi Everyone
This is my first post of many i hope.
I fished Humberston creek yesterday Sunday 29th August and got there a bit to late as the creek had flooded. I have been told that it fishes best at low water when you can actualy define where the creek is. Has anyone got any local knoledge of fishing the area.
I caught five flaties about one hour before high tide.
Thanks Bill.</font>

S

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I HAVE A CARAVAN AT HUMBERSTON AND HAVE FISHED THE CREEK FOR YEARS.
THE FIRST THING TO KNOW IS WHEN TO FISH THE CREEK. SMALL TIDES IDEALLY BETWEEN 6 AND 6&#39;3" &nbsp;ARE IDEAL ANY SMALLER AND THERE ISN&#39;T MUCH MOVEMENT IN THE WATER WHICH CAN KILL OFF THE FISHING, ANY LARGER AND IT BECOMES DIFFICULT TO HOLD BOTTOM AND WEED CAN BECOME A PROBLEM.
THE CREEK FISHES BEST ON THE EBB AND THE FIRST COUPLE OF HOURS OF THE FLOOD, WHEN I AM THERE AT THE WEEKEND I GO FOR THE FIRST 3 HRS OF THE FLOOD AND THE LAST 4 HOURS OF THE EBB, IT SEAMS TO QUIETEN A COUPLE OF HOURS EITHER SIDE OF HIGH WATER, ALTHOUGH THAT DOES&#39;NT MEAN FISH WON&#39;T BE CAUGHT.
THE MOUTH OF THE CREEK STARTS BETWEEN CLEETHORPES LEISURE CENTRE AND ST ANTHONY,S BANK &nbsp;(FITTIES CAMPSITE). THE MOUTH OF THE CREEK CAN BE GOOD FOR SCHOOL BASS AS WELL AS FLATTIES, ALTHOUGH AS THE TIDE DROPS OFF IT REVEALS CLAY LEDGES WHICH CAN SNAG TACKLE, ALSO A BIT MUDDY. THE CREEK RUNS FROM HERE TO THE FITTIES BOAT YARD ( YOU CAN SEE THE BOATS MOORED UP OFF THE BEACH. THE CREEK IS ACTUALLY A DEEP CHANEL WHICH RUNS PRETTY MUCH PARRALLEL TO THE BEACH BUT CAN CHANGE POSITION. YOU CAN CAST INTO THE DEEP CHANNEL FROM AROUND HALF WAY BETWEEN BOAT&#39;S AND ST ANTHONY&#39;S BANK UP TO ST ANTHONY&#39;S BANK. BETWEEN HALF WAY AND FITTIES BOAT YARD YOU ARE FISHING MAINLY HOLES AND GULLIES WHICH CAN FISH EXTREMELY WELL, THE MAIN CREEK CAN BE TOO FAR OUT TO CAST TO AT HIGH TIDE, BUT THE HOLES AND GULLIES CAN EMPTY AT LOW TIDE WHEN YOU CAN WALK OUT THE MAIN CREEK ( BUT BE CAREFULL OF THE FLOODING TIDE YOU WILL GET CUT OFF IF YOU STAY MORE THAN AN HOUR AFTER LOW WATER) but need to move back onto the beach as the tide floods.
Long snoods ( 2-3ft) small lead 1-2oz and gentle lobbs to 50 yrds tend to be the most productive method when the tide slackens, you may nees to switch to 4-5oz griplead as tide starts to push. Lugworm, rag and crab all work but peeler has the edge in summer, with worm working well towards between november and february. Use small hook size 2 or 4 tied to 2 or three hook flapper to get double or treble hits. Bass tend to show more when the water is choppy with a slight onshore breeze, some people have successfully caught bass using lures. &nbsp;Day fishing is as good as if not better than night fishing. If the fishing is hard try dropping down to size 6 hooks and fish in close around 30 yards, if that doesn&#39;t work try casting out as far as possible. The water is well coloured from mud in the estuary so I personally think attractors i.e beads don&#39;t make a great deal of difference to catch rates.
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
</font>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for that Splodger we are fishing the creek from low water this saturday morning 4th Sept, starting about 3.30 am.
You have give me enough to think about, and i probably won&#39;t get it right this time but will digest it all for next time.
Cheers pogjones.</font>

F

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi bill,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Yep its me.....Good luck saturday, and if you get any doggies save one for the missus,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Cheers mate</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts