World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
now this might sound like im abit thick but im thinking of giveing humberstone creek a try but i carnt define whats the actual creek ive been going the last few days up through the fitties and parking next to the yacht club, then as i walk to the beach i look out towards the fort, now is the creek the park were the fort is or the strech of water before that were the boats are? as when i went the otherday at low tide there was no water were the boats was. like i said i know this maybee sound a silly question to those of you who know the humber really well but i just wanted to make sure.
thanks

·
Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
ahhhhhh so its before the seaction of water were the fort is situated!
so is it best to fish this after the tides gone out???

and does it fish well here when the tides in? suppose when its high tide you cannot define were the creek is:g:
Hello mate , there's not enough water to fish at low and the tides are smaller this weekend.
If you are going, I would try tomorrow, HT is around 11.10am so 9.45 til 1 would be OK.........:thumbs:

PS. please don't be tempted to cross the creek and head for the fort, it can be very dangerous in this area.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hello mate , there's not enough water to fish at low and the tides are smaller this weekend.
If you are going, I would try tomorrow, HT is around 11.10am so 9.45 til 1 would be OK.........:thumbs:

PS. please don't be tempted to cross the creek and head for the fort, it can be very dangerous in this area.
i've caugth plenty of flounders in there at low as long as there's still some colour in the water prob only 12 to 18 inches deep (have walked across in wellies) all though mainly in winter, too many bathers about if the weathers half decent this time of year, used to fish better on smaller tides. fish it light with a plain lead to get some movement in your baits

·
Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've caugth plenty of flounders in there at low as long as there's still some colour in the water prob only 12 to 18 inches deep (have walked across in wellies) all though mainly in winter, too many bathers about if the weathers half decent this time of year, used to fish better on smaller tides. fish it light with a plain lead to get some movement in your baits
doesnt the creek ever empty?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Take a look at low water and you,ll see why its called the creek, it,ll also give you an idea on how and where to fish....... Chris

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
At the mo the creek is around "antonys bank", where the groynes are on the beach

·
Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi all thanks for the previous replys,
thought id ask this next question on here,
got been given a spinning rod and reel and looking for somewere to give it a try (local) am i right in thinking the creek would be a good place to try for the bass? or would i be wasting my time? if so were else roung here is good for plugging?
cheers

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
hi all thanks for the previous replys,
thought id ask this next question on here,
got been given a spinning rod and reel and looking for somewere to give it a try (local) am i right in thinking the creek would be a good place to try for the bass? or would i be wasting my time? if so were else roung here is good for plugging?
cheers
Not sure on that one Ben, but if I was to hazzard a guess I would say that Freeman Street was as good as anywhere for a good " plugging "...:whistling

·
Banned
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Couldnt say for sure who put her there in the first place but i know that i put her back there in '01 and long may she stay there.
:g:wtf???????? are you from a different planet or am i missing something?
i got your joke simmo (wont sure if by plugging you meant drinking or intercourse) but got a imagination! :whistling

but bri m8 OME ON GIVE US A CLUE:giveup:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hi Ben, i spoke to a guy last year who,d been spinning for bass with some success, he was catching on small meps and spoons. Most of his catches were from around the big wheel on the promenade at Cleethorpes around high water in daylight.......... Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts