World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Hunstanton worth a cast?

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Forking lugs 
#1 ·
I'm popping up to stay at my dads in Hunstanton later today. Coming up for the top fireworks display.
I have fished all around here and the fens for many years but only once fished North beach. Dad and I used lug from the shop in town with no joy what so ever. I admit it was mid summer and things where not going to plan. We gave up and went to salt house where we both had some Mackerel on lures. Dad told me this time last year there was a few young lads fishing North beach. None of them really had a clue what they was doing and they was pulling out Bass one a chuck on what looked like match/carp tackle, are the rumours true at this time of year Hunstanton can fish this well?
If so and the Bass are on the feed is it worth presenting them with rag/lug or pooping a surface lure to cover more ground?

#4 ·
I would love to say I had a go but lads 50mph winds is where I draw the line. I have met lovely bloke called Al who is a friend of my dad's. He sold me two new beach casters and two new reels along with line and a tripod. so now I'm itching to o out. I think I'll leave the wash and go further a field north. reports are the cod are in and I fancy a go at them. never had a cod before so would be really nice to get a few. also do you thing there are a few smooth hounds around skeg left as on my way through I might stop to give it ago.

#6 ·
Hi all this is my first post on forum, just wanted to say that hunny is worth a chuck been recently with the family and had good sport with thorneback, plaice,small bass,and eels only fished here a few times but we do well on tide up from monster boat ramp, anyone else catch much from Hunstanton? any tips on area would be great.

#9 ·
Hi all, went to Cley this evening, couldn't get any lug anywhere as hunny beach was washed out ended up buying Brians last wrap of frozen blacks and some mackerel and squid hit the shingle at about 3.30 there was one chap to my right and two to my left, weather was miserable but sea only had mild swell and not much weed, tried lug and squid pennel macky strip and about any other combination of the three baits but just wasn't working, fished till dark at high tide and my first blank at this venue,

#10 ·
Well what can i say but BLANKETTY BLANK. Fished from 3pm till 6pm HT was 5-10, for the first 2 hours the Swinners were stripping the squid off but leaving the frozen blacks alone, and that was it.
Gave the new Slosh20's an outing on the NG1 and 2500lm, cracking reels, the NG1 is very nice to use.
Afternoon was very nice, sun and Gnats for company, plus wife and dog.

#11 ·
Nice pics only wished I would have gone this evening, went to Cley yesterday and it was miserable and blanked atleast you had the weather looked a nice evening to be away from the telly. I had a look at hunny beach yesterday afternoon and it looked as if the shore has shifted a bit from last time I was there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.