World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the what the current sea conditions are like at Hurst castle are the moment. I may pop down for a sesh tomorrow with the family.
Also is it any good for the float there as well

Tight Lines everyone.:sun::sun::fish::sun::sun:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
http://argus-data.wldelft.nl/index.html

scroll down and click on 'milford on sea , 2008.

its a web cam at hordle cliff , cam 5? looks towards hurst bank
it will give you an idea of surf conditions.

praps it wont, last image on the 21st , iguess the cams gone down.

as said above the big tides and weed this weekend may be a problem , personally i'd fish elsewhere but if i had to i'd fish the ebb on the bank.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Weed was a problem at the base of hurst spit on wednesday approaching high tide, at high tide it was fine, but i expect it'll be worse nearer the castle (southerly wind too). Beware of mackerel bashers though, they are out in numbers!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am three miles away from Hurst, wind is light at the moment, but due to get stronger later in the day. Fished there Weds/Thursday and weed was a pain!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Weed is bad there at the mo, is bad anywhere from Calsot right trough to Barton. I'd go elsewhere, even if fish are there weed has been covering hooks and baits. Try Pennington Sea Wall, or Barton/High cliff where the tide is slower, weed less, and rock groins break up the weed. There should be similar species about at Barton/High Cliff and Guiltheads and Skoolies off Pennington with the chance of a smut.

·
Registered
71 Posts
We fished the point on Wed evening, excellent evening, 13 bass up to 3.5lbs, kept 2 each, the rest returned. Conditions were good, no weed. Have never seen so many sea birds feeding, must have been thousands, chap along from us was doing well with mackeral.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts