World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you all re route me to previous posts.....I cant find any relative
to this time of year in recent history.
So......whats happening down there at the moment..??
Is it worth the trek..??
and what can i expect to catch....if anything..??
I wanted to try the sandbank area next to the lighthouse for Plaice/rays/Bream
or summit big close in.
C.mon save me a bloody long walk......or lead me there with some good
up to date advice.....if were all secret squirrels....just Pm the info

cheers
Gaz :)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Andy Colmar and some mates are there tonight, I would wait and see what Andy posts to-morrow.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just been told bcos of the tide state....it might
be better to fish at night on the stone walkway up to the castle
instead of the castle end.
Dunno bout tide states etc......just go on hopefully good up to date info.

just out of interest ...where did you fish mate and was it
day or night.??

cheers
Gaz :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Me - I usually fish opposite the bridge (when i can get a spot) but mainly because i live down the road and often go for an hour or two after work rather than a sesh' so I don't bother usually heading up the point. recently i've been dusk and day and nothin but a few pollock.

But i'm gonna get the boat in the water this week and try dusk out in the arm, this should give me an idea wether the fish is on the point or still offshore a little...

When i do fish the castle i usually fish the sandy beach or on the hole, but only been up once recently and blanked...

I tend to fish close on the carpark bank - this may be my downfall! but havn't seen anyone pulling anything in from afar either.

If i'm honest the general fishing at hurst of late IMHO is pretty lame, although i'm sure a few are getting lucky, there doesn't seem to be alot at the mo. I'd be more inclined to try c'church that's were i'll prob head next time i actually plan a sesh.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Skaten' - as Moonshiner says afew have been lucky at the Castle end, I've heard of one sizable ray and a handful of early bream in the past two weeks. I haven't had anything yet except pollock and dogs, nor seen or heard of any bass at all, not even checkers. On the other hand, the last time I went up was ten days ago.
It's a hit and miss venue. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.