World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked up there for low tide at twenty past midnight and focussed on bream, fishing at 30 to 50 yrds and moving up and down the stretch on the Solent side, by the white lighthouse.

I had a 1lber first chuck and thought I was in for a good bream session, but it was not to be. As the tide came in I took bream almost every cast but all half to three quater pounders. However much I moved about I could not find any bigger !

As the sun came up I switched to spinning and had macks straight away, but they were quite thin on the ground. Gars were there in force so put a float on and was catching them right up to the edge.

So, not the best session but afew fish for the table and the whole scene was amazingly beautiful at sunrise.

Does anyone have any tips on targetting the better bream at Hurst ? On past experience fish on 1.5lbs and up seem to come on the larger spring tides. I don't think there's much advantage in trying to cast beyong the little ones, as some of the best I've taken were very close in. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hi there,your right you can catch big bream close in there but dont neglect trying at distance,ive caught all my bream there this year at over 100yards and 95% of them have been takers.Its best to fish 2 rods there and all down the beach,1 in and the other blasted out as far as you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts