World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy everyone,

thinking about going to Hurst Castle tomorrow afternoon. Are there any mackerel around and how is the fishing in general? Don't feel like wasting 3 hours of driving for nothing. Any advise would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello mate, i've been fishing hurst recently on the boat but just offshore (anchored 40 yds) off the lighthouse...

I havn't had or seen any sign of mackerel at hurst yet, But pulled a few nice sized bass out of there of late, so wouldn't have thought it would be a wasted journey as long as conditions are right.
If your after macky specifically then i'd head somewhere else or wait a bit longer...

But i'll prob be out there tmrw at some point in the dinghy after some bass or something big (see The one that got away and the two that didn't post...)

Good luck either way and let us know how you get on...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I will go anyway. What the heck, it's way too nice outside to stay at home. :)

Anyway thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
103 Posts
no worries, keep an eye on the wind, if it's SW try the hurst shore/hole as it will be slightly more sheltered but still have the chop on the water you want.

If it's northerly, try the south facing IOW shore... IMO...
Good luck, give us a nod, if you see us. lil red rib with a 15hp. and a soggy afro wearing guy. If im out i won't be too far away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts