World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can huss and conger be caught around the mouth of the Helford? I am visiting the area early may and according to the charts it looks ideal fishing ground for these and other rock hugging species. Would appreciate any tips.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Can huss and conger be caught around the mouth of the Helford? I am visiting the area early may and according to the charts it looks ideal fishing ground for these and other rock hugging species. Would appreciate any tips.
hi mate i dont fish that side of the fal,but fish a lot for huss and eels if you find rough ground give it a blast ,heavy gear rotten bottoms ,big mackeral or squid baits ,at least 100lb trace,one of those prawn traps loaded up with chopped fish will draw em in ,dont give up when you lose gear just try casting a couple of yards to the side untill you find a spot you can get your gear out of,if you fish on clean ground expect to get hammered by dogs,i use a running leger as i dont like using the pulley for em,where i fish generally if you dont get a fish your gear is gone,good luck,its nice to catch fish that will bend a kompressor sport double,

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that eug i get the picture, just one more question if i may? are huss and conger about that time of year down there (early may) or is there a particular time of the year?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi fox, you have a pm mate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts