World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was fishing arbroath harbour cage 3 saturday night.me and mates from work.started and 7 oclock,small bites for a few hours but nothing connecting,until 10 oclock,mate pulled in a huss around 2 foot long.first one ive seen properly.always wanted to catch one or dogfish type fish.so was quite jelous until 2 mins later i pulled in another slightly bigger than the first.all was quite again till 2 oclock when he pulled a coalie of around 1.5lb.

a very enjoyable night.

how common is it to catch these type of fish there?

·
Registered
561 Posts
any pics m8 but think it more likly to be doggie

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
LSD mate but well done it's probably quite a nice change to catch them up that end of the country.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Someone I know caught one of these 2 weeks ago while night fishing from the cages. About the same size as yours. What bait did it take?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys.the first took fillet of mackerel.the second bluey.do they swim in shoals?.being east coast fisher and new to this game I don't know a great deal about them

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'd say an LSD, but still not a really common catch on the east coast :punk:
this last couple o weeks they been gettin a lot doon oor way i know of 2 from largo and at leasst 2 doz oot the creels affa methil buckhaven ,also past wee while fi the jaggies along crail area ...............Iain

·
Registered
915 Posts
LSD M8, a m8 had three in one sesh a couple of weeks ago, had one last winter top side of arbroath, so a wouldnt be to surprised to see some in catch reports this winter as they seem to be becoming more common in catch reports on the east coast, speak to divers and they say that they see them all the time down by st abbs/eyemouth. lets hope that they don't become a bit off a pest over here. cheers

·
Registered
736 Posts
LSD M8, a m8 had three in one sesh a couple of weeks ago, had one last winter top side of arbroath, so a wouldnt be to surprised to see some in catch reports this winter as they seem to be becoming more common in catch reports on the east coast, speak to divers and they say that they see them all the time down by st abbs/eyemouth. lets hope that they don't become a bit off a pest over here. cheers
Whilst I agree with that it would be bloody good if we got some of the other similar species following suit into our waters and save a bloody lot of diesel to catch them.

·
Registered
383 Posts
as the guys say gettin more nd more commin now of two caught at clifs last week as squid ink says hop get some more species east coast spurries ect

1 - 14 of 14 Posts