World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all........ sorry for the late reply but here we go anyways.......
me and my dad set off on an early start at 7am to fish part of the seaview lads 12 hour rover comp. armed with enough baits for a week consisting of macky, sandeel, squid, tiger prawns and peeler crabs we set of to our first mark which was meant to be porthcawl pier but as we got there it was already getting busy so decided to take a drive back to ogmore carpark but there again it was getting busy, a final thought by my dad and ended up at hutchins point in search of the elusive raymondo's...... :clap2:
we got there for 3 hours to high and were planning to fish about 2 1/2 to 3 down. with the first few hours to high quiet with no bites at all until an hour down when my dad noticed a small rattle on the rod tip which later produced his first ray of the year a baby small eyed of about 8oz.... :clap3: :)
a couple of casts later, this time his rod really pulled down and after a fine scrap a fine small eyed ray of 4lb 14oz was landed. we fished for another half an hour but with no luck so we packed up and headed for our second mark to fish over low water which was of course st. donats.....
as we arrived and walked to our desired spot it was'nt long for the fish to start playing ball with my dad landing a slug of 8oz and me an undersize turbot. after this the fishing was good with doggies and conger for my dad and a lot of missed and dropped fish for me...... with 1/2 hour to go i had a good knock on the peeler crab bait and landed a fine doggie of 2lb 6oz but we are not sure if it was a huss or not....... :blink: i then managed a pouting on my last cast and dropping a doggie on the surface on the other...
overall my dad managing:
+ 2 small eyed raymond's........ 4lb 14oz
+ 1 slug.... 8oz
+ 6 woofer's.... 1lb 12oz.......
+ 2 conger's 1lb 6oz....
for a total weight of 18lb 7oz..... :yeah:
me having:
+ turbot.....
+ big woofer or possible huss?? :blink: 2lb 6oz......
+ pouting 6oz......
overall a fantastic day with a good number of fish being caught!! :)
MY DAD LATER FINISHED 2ND PLACE GETTING BEING BY A TOTAL WEIGHT OF 18LB 8OZ - A SINGLE OUNCE!!! :yucky:
SOME PICCIES OF THE DAY..........

MY DAD'S FIRST RAY OF 2007 - A SMALL EYED OF 4LB 14OZ.....

MY FIRST TURBOT OF 2007.....

tight lines and all the best,
steffyenck.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
excellent report, never had a turbot i am going to have to try this year for them
hope you do mate........
i did'nt think it was a turbot i just thought of it as a slug or pouting as st.donats is rough ground......

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
catch, measure, weigh and release mate......
dad was fishing at distance......

·
Banned
38 Posts
i find the best method there is to use three hook clip downs and blast them out none of this in close rubbish.. i think i saw u down there steffy i was the guy wearing my sundridge smock and had a custom built nemesis

i manged a good session there myself yesterday had 5 rays biggest a thornie of about 10lbs and all the small eyeds were around the 6 pound mark. loads of dogs and a suprise 3 and half pound pollack

·
Banned
38 Posts
i was fishing the rocks to the rights of hutchins and came over for a chat with ur dad as id seen him fishing aberthaw on a regular basis

·
Registered
2 Posts
were you with anyone???
he was with me, and that day we had the odd turbot but 4 bass to 6lb and a 3lb codling all on crab. what a great session i hugely enjoyed it, i think distance was the option then as i was putting it in the mix at about 190-200 yards out while my mate adam was merely casting 40 yards, but he uses a fixed spool so he has a excuse, ha
almost tight almost slack lines fellas

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it sounds like your both blagging to me guys.......
also if your hitting upto 200 yards with bait and everything you could be a tourny caster with a distance like that............

·
Banned
38 Posts
haha gara nice one im hitting 150 on a regualr basis buddy ive taught u the basic pendulum and youve gone on from ther m8

no need to be like that steffy you probably went off somewhere while i was chattin to your dad

1 - 20 of 23 Posts