World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,thort id drop u a line as i havent for a while,did 4 sessions last week with the high tides and bad weather took 23 fish total consisting of flatties,dogies,rockling and an eel,went tonight and had a change of position on the beach it was a beautiful night and had 2 flatties,a dab and flounder both nice size fish with the dab weighing a tad over a pound and aswell as been realy pleased with it it also was my personal best,all fish were caught on lug and macky,so it seems theres still lotsa fish out there still and am looking forward to the next time which will probaly be the weekend.cheers all and happy fishing....nige..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Nidge Hope you are going to tell us some of your secrets.
1.What distance was you casting.
2. What rig,size hooks Etc
3.What tide time was the best time.
4.Bait presntation
Thanks nidge i fish around chapel point and chapel sixes and would find this info very usefull.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Nidge Hope you are going to tell us some of your secrets.
1.What distance was you casting.
2. What rig,size hooks Etc
3.What tide time was the best time.
4.Bait presntation
Thanks nidge i fish around chapel point and chapel sixes and would find this info very usefull.
Hi mate,
cort doggies on lug tipped with mackeral,i always use 2 rods and fish them both around the 50/70 yd mark sometimes less,i dont think you need to be that far out on that beach coz when the tides up and hits the sand bank that runs the length of the beach your into some decent water plus theres all the little gulleys and such that can only be seen at low water,the rigs i always use are 3hook flappers on size 1s,i buy all my lug worms and frozen mackeys from the ingolmells bait shop called Tackle 4 u,very helpful in there,we cort most of the fish on the evening tides have cort in the mornings but evening to me seems the better tide to fish,bait presentation well i arent much good there but i use a baiting needle for the worms and just tip of with a small piece of macky and push the little bait stops on the snood down to the worm just to hold it in place,1 thing i dnt do is push the stopper to far down and try and squash the worm on to the hook so it looks like a lump of mush,but just enough to so the worm is held straight and the tail end is touching the macky,and thats about it realy,ive only bin sea fishing since the middle of march so the little bit ive learned is what ive been told on here and by others and read about,and things ive tryed myself,i dnt use expensive tackle either 1 outfit cost me £40 the other £60 which im perfectly happy with,i hope it helps mate....nige....

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi Nidge!! Good to read your latest news - well done, you sound like a man after my own heart!! Grandson Paul and I also went to our fav. place (between Moggs Eye/Huttoft) at something before 5am last Sunday morning to fish the flood. Bait was the same as yours - lug tipped with mackerel. We fished very light using flattie rigs and holding with either 2 or 3 oz leads without grips. The flatties duly obilged. A truly magical mornings fishing. We will meet up sometime!!!!!!!!
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks nige good helpfull report. With good imformation for the beginner
Again thanks
regards
Dave
Your very welcome dave,im a beginner myself but i cant get enough of been out on that beach rain or shine,much better than been in a smokey pub getting knocked into and having to shout to hear your mate next to you,give the beach anyday...nige

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Nidge!! Good to read your latest news - well done, you sound like a man after my own heart!! Grandson Paul and I also went to our fav. place (between Moggs Eye/Huttoft) at something before 5am last Sunday morning to fish the flood. Bait was the same as yours - lug tipped with mackerel. We fished very light using flattie rigs and holding with either 2 or 3 oz leads without grips. The flatties duly obilged. A truly magical mornings fishing. We will meet up sometime!!!!!!!!
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!
Hi Paul,havent heard from you in a while,well done for last sunday we went last sunday night for a few hrs it really is nice down there even when it rains,yeah we found that its been easier to hold bottom and like you have had a change of weight,i have no doubts that well meet down on the beach sometime if you see the white vivaro van parked there thats me,perseverence is the name of the game and i certainly intend to keep it up..regards nige...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts