World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Will be down at Hythe (the one opposite Southampton) over the weekend launching from Calshot Activities Centre (5m RIB). Just a trip to see sister and family and take the kids out (hers, not mine) for a first sea-fishing trip. Does anyone have any recommendations for a few local marks that I could try? Nothing too ambitious as they may not have good sea legs. I suppose mackies will have to be on the schedule for excitement but something more varied would be welcome. Local knowledge obviously helps! :clap:

Oh, and any advice about launching and local conditions. Have checked Boatlaunch, Easytide, Xcweather and Windguru for an indication of conditions. Early days yet but looking like westerlies.

Thanks for any info or advice. :hug:

Arthur

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Peter!

·
Registered
100 Posts
You'll be lucky if you can find enough water to fish in. It's Cowes week. I went accross on the ferry from Southampton to Cowes today. Never seen so many yachts in my life....

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
you shouldnt get any probs with the yachts in hythe area but you will from the hamble mouth onwards. the mackeral are showing upto hythe out buy the shipping lane.a freind had some a couple of days ago. hill head can fish very good for smuts on crab or if its to busy or rough there head back and try reach bouy .hope you manage to get out...good luck.

baz.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, All, for your responses. They've given me some guidance and ideas.

Whilst researching the area I came across this website - brilliant!!
http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS Maps/solent.html. It also allows you to listen to the marine radio traffic channels in the Solent. Fascinating stuff. :clap:

Arthur

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Thanks, All, for your responses. They've given me some guidance and ideas.

Whilst researching the area I came across this website - brilliant!!
http://www.ais-live.co.uk/aismap/AIS Maps/solent.html. It also allows you to listen to the marine radio traffic channels in the Solent. Fascinating stuff. :clap:

Arthur
Hi ya Arthur,hope you catch mate,just came back from Portsmouth today,was a bit blowey down the solent yesterday,that a cracking Rib you got there,go for it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts