World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably the worst person you have ever seen fish, I go fishing spend all my money and catch nothing, its probaly because I am CRAP :boat:

Attachments

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
It will come to you soon....... i learned by going to some fishing meets and watching the experts ,,, watch and learn is my motto.....

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Martin bach you must not get downhearted! If you read these forums there are hundreds who get the same results as you MOST of the time! There are those who think that they're the bees knees as they catch quite often but they blank a lot as well only you tend to hear more about their good days.

Me? After 60 tears at it I can honestly say that i'm also cr*p (spelt differently to protect those of a gentle disposition) If I was not so bad then you'd see my name from time to time amongst the ranks of the Match Fishermen (they blank a lot also! However they also fish a lot!!) or my pictures on the pages of the Sea Dangler! Yes I can now tie up lots of fancy rigs and, where the water's deep, I can cast out far enough to catch the suicidal. I've learnt a lot from magazines but most through sheer bl**dy mindedness by going back again and again and again ......

I enjoy being, on my own by the water and watching what goes on as the tide falls or rises. Recently, through the pages of this forum, i've even enjoyed the company of others who, like me, keep at it! They've taught me an awful lot much of which has been because I asked and often without me having asked!

My suggestions:

• Go fishing where you can watch others and learn from those who catch REGULARLY!
  • Use a tackle shop regularly and ask about things and places and times
  • Decide that sea fishing is worth learning about
  • Realise that many who fish are often just lucky
  • Realise however that many who fish repeat things that have allowed them to have some success before
  • Realise above all else that actually fishing is what we do, catching lots of fish is a bonus!
  • Realise that there are some sad people who think that catching more than others somehow makes them better people!

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
I am probably the worst person you have ever seen fish, I go fishing spend all my money and catch nothing, its probaly because I am CRAP :boat:
dont give up the more u done the more u pick up ,ask people if they fishing next u or meet up someone on this site.shaggy:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
:idea: If youve just started sea fishing and finding it awkward to cast a much heavier weight than in coarse fishing then get yourself in your local park or field [when there is nobody about] with your Beachcaster and 4 to 6 oz lead and get practising,you will be suprised how quick you will pick it up.
once you can put your bait in the sea you stand a much better chance of catching something. GOODLUCK MATE .
RAGCASTER:yeah:

·
Registered
143 Posts
No am just pure crap at it, its probably my face turns them all away
how many times have you been ?
i only started fishing last year and i had at least twenty sessions where i caught absolutely f*** all. but i kept at it cause it got me out of the house for a few hours away from the wife and kids. then one day i had a good session where i caught my first real fish , then another and another and another. think i ended up with about 5 or 6 in the end. i was absolutely over the moon.

but now it seems im back to the old ways of catching nothing again!!!

so i doubt its your face that turns them away if an ugly sod like me can catch fish then so can you. just keep with it till you get your first proper catch .....it will happen.
if its not your face then maybe you smell....Ha ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
No am just pure crap at it, its probably my face turns them all away
What do you want to catch them smelly fish things for anyway, they seem to spoil a nice day sitting on the beach :)

Seriously, it will come, don't be despondant, we have all had bad spells, then bingo you find a method/bait/mark etc that works, you start catching fish, trouble is it so often all goes away for a while and you get a spell of blanking, never mind it's still great sitting on the beach, don't get uptight about it enjoy the peace and quiet. you can try to hard.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
i wouldnt consider myself a great fisherman either but with determination an the want to catch you will. keep at it :clap2:

·
Registered
94 Posts
so am i and most other anglers on the beaches but hey its all about getting out there and enjoying what your doing catching fish comes second to me.:yeah:

·
Registered
323 Posts
so am i and most other anglers on the beaches but hey its all about getting out there and enjoying what your doing catching fish comes second to me.:yeah:
Well said, fishing to me is as good as it gets i love it when i at work or at home or i could be anywere all i think about is fishing, then when i get all my gear ready off i go to the pier or beach cast out and relax catching a fish is a BONUS :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hay martin,
Im a beginner at this sea fishing to and i dnt have to much luck either,but what i have found is what i dont no about i ask those that do,such as been on here for example,never be worried about asking mate if you dont no at least u are prepared to learn and there are plenty of people on here who will give u as much help as they can as they have me,fish,fish and fish some more the more you fish the more experience you will gain,dont give up mate keep going.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts