·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Blenny of some sort? Apologies about the pic quality once again :schmoll:

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Looking at it i would say shanny. It has the red eye, dark colouring and light mouth of a shanny.
Did it have much in the way of teeth?

One tip mate, you can see enough detail in the picture, just, but if you take 2 or three pictures from different angles (side on, top an head) it gives a better idea. Especially when you are using phone camera's. I do it for myself to look up things I don't know. That way as well you will usually have a picture from the same angle as the one you are trying to ID it from.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at it i would say shanny. It has the red eye, dark colouring and light mouth of a shanny.
Did it have much in the way of teeth?

One tip mate, you can see enough detail in the picture, just, but if you take 2 or three pictures from different angles (side on, top an head) it gives a better idea. Especially when you are using phone camera's. I do it for myself to look up things I don't know. That way as well you will usually have a picture from the same angle as the one you are trying to ID it from.
Thanks for the advice, fairly certain it's a Shanny alright. Aggressive little characters, some of them seemed more intent on attacking the lead, rather than the rag bait. :blink: That's another one on the species list anyway. I actually didn't take this picture or catch that fish, it was a mate. I caught the very same species a minute or so later. Phone cameras don't seem to be the best, i'd like to bring my proper digi cam along at times but scared i'd lose or damage it, which would be typical enough. Thanks for the opinions anyway.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I have been after one for my specie hunt (another site) for a while. Before, when ever I felt like it, drop a smal bait down and bingo. Can I get one this year? Can I hell!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts