Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chesil.

there was no need to lock the thread, a little heavy handed i feel, it is a local matter that those of us who fish the area understand. i'm pro-actively trying to do something about this.

as anglers, we use the beaches all year around, and suport local business whatever the weather or time of year, not just when the sun comes out. i think that gives us right to discuss this matter sensibly,

if you must remove anything, please remove the inflammatory posts,

Jem,

i had thought of phoning them, but, i think the best way forward is to pen a letter to them, with a copy going to the herald and gazette, i have the backing (verbally at least) of glyn and kev at anglers den, Kev's son actually goes to the sailing club and fished from dinghy's, so he is aware of the potential dangers,

a public letter would at least be seen to be in the best interests of everyone, and not make it a simple 2 sided battle between anglers and watercraft users, it would involve everyone who uses the beaches, and hopefully educate some who feel they have the right to do anything they want, at anyones expense.

·
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ian, with respect, can we keep this on topic please, don't wish to give the gestapo any reason to close this one !!!

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
the reason why the last one was closed, was because it became a personal insult thread.

the gestapo as it is equently put, will be keeping a very close eye on this one.

i personally DO NOT enjoy coming on here to clear up other peoples mess
or put up with the abuse i get.
if anyone does not like the way the site is run, or do not like the moderating actions, then please feel free to report it to mike or just leave.

matt

·
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we're not discussing leads and boats on this one ron, we're discussing etiquette on the beach. i'll thank you to remember that.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Moderating decisions are not open to debate. Matt closed the thread, he gave a reason, end of! Starting another thread because you don't agree with his decision is not allowed.

If you have a problem, PM Matt, keep it off the forum please.

Thread closed. (Again!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.