World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, been fishing the river neath with crab and boy has it picked up, early on the tide and its bite after bite and managed to catch 8 schooly bass in 2 seasons with a few big bites which were sadly missed ,1 bite was witnessed by dai english who was down there picking crab ,hi dai
i have a few photos but how do i put them on a thread

·
Registered
65 Posts
:( Fished the river Neath on Tuesday only 1 bite between 2 of us. Lots of weed clogging up the line. Have heard from other sources that the bass are there. Will try again when the weed dissapears.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but I'm a stranger to these parts (just moved in from Manchester) - where is the River Neath, and how do you get there from Swansea? (parking, marks etc).

Cheers

Gaz

·
Registered
129 Posts
Alright Gazza,

If your coming from swansea, head up Fabian way towards the M4 and just after the visteon building is a roundabout. If you turn right here and it takes you to a lay by/car park (watch out for the benders, its a notorious battyground). Head over the dunes and to the left and you get to the Neath river..Watch out for the tides here though..Go check it out on a low first mate. You can easily get stranded here!! I've always had fish on rag but few of the boys swear by crab..You can also spin off the wall across from Aberavon beach side..watch out for the seals..........haha

Hope it helps
pottsy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you need to fish a low tide (7.2-8.4) start fishing 4 hours before top tide, mostly productive the first 2 hours ,fish with crab / rag
for more catches hold on to your rod not your beer,
dont use velvet crab its useless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts