World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just come back from the long arm and have had my biggest ever catch a thorny of between 10-15 lbs i think. well over the moon. Had another 4 between 5-8 lbs, all on macky and one doggy.

All caught within 3 hours, im well over the moon, so can anyone help with the weight of the fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
nice 1 m8y
was gonna fish morfa down by the river yesterday but rain stopped play

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
kelvindavies11 said:
Just come back from the long arm and have had my biggest ever catch a thorny of between 10-15 lbs i think. well over the moon. Had another 4 between 5-8 lbs, all on macky and one doggy.

All caught within 3 hours, im well over the moon, so can anyone help with the weigh
t of the fish.

Nice 1 m8 :) Goin over in the morning.never had a ray over there!!! brand

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Good one mate, I'd love a day like that, I've never caught a ray before.
I did notice,
Was one of those ray tagged in the photo's?
If so did you take down the number? you could use it to find out where it was tagged, it might be interesting to know or even surprising.
Chris

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sounds like you had a cracking day there Kelv, where abouts on the long arm were you fishing and what was the tide status when the catchin' began?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was teh first time ive ever realy caught on there (only tried 3 times), i was fishing on number 31(numbers on top of the wall). I started fishing about 11.30am and top of the tide i think was about 9.30ish, so i was fishing the back tide. If u fish there use a good leader knot and leader no less than 60lbs, as the rays stick close to the bottom.

hope this helps, send me a catch report if you try it out. Also if this is any help it was overcast, and the wind was coming off my back. It was suppricing that i caught as sammy the seal was also about. lol

best of luck,
kelvin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts