World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to fish Bradwell beach with mate Ian. Was able to get 5 packets of lug from Angling Essentials at last minute. Many thanks to Peter.
Arrived at Bradwell about 10 am. It was low water and decided to fish to the left on a little point as we could start fishing straight away.
4 hours later, not one bite. Crabs stripping bait within minutes. It looked like we were in for a blank session.
Half an hour before high water I get a bite! A whiting. I've never been so pleased to see a ting.
A few minutes later Ian pulls in a double. One sizeable and fat, the other undersized.
A little while later he pulls in another undersized ting. Then another. I'm 4-1 down, what's going on?
By the end of the session it was 6-5 to Ian on whiting but on the last cast I landed a small dog fish, 6 all. Weed was annoying but didn't affect the fishing too much.
Bait was lug, squid and sand eel. All fish were caught on lug and returned for someone else to catch tomorrow.
It was the first time we had fished Bradwell beach and we seem to have picked the right place to fish. A spot we looked at had little gully's and was fished by a local who only caught 1 whiting and 1 dog fish.
There was another guy fishing the point to our right but I never got the chance to speak to him.
A lovely day, but disappointed we were not able to fish the Hoe.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the day and yes, it was a shame about the Hoe. The forecast was well wrong. I fished Folkestone where there was a gentle breeze although the sea was fairly rough. I only managed a couple of pouting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts