World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I am new to sea fishing and have to tackle up for the months ahead.

I am going to have to buy a rod for fishing of rocks and one for fishing for cod of the boat.

What does everyone reckon is the best out there, something that will stand the test of time. I intend to buy second hand of ebay to keep costs down.

Also what is a good multiplier that will stand the test of time?

thanks

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,941 Posts
my speedmaster is 15/20yrs old and still goin strong
only downside it dont hold much 3oib b/s line

as for the rod ive just picked up the AFAW rock rod

·
Registered
183 Posts
for a rock rod a ron thompson Axellerator would be perfect . cracking rod for the money

shakespere salts both uptide and ordinary boat rods are decent for the money not all to expensive .
but if ya wanna keep it cheap veals are doing a 30lb abu 7 boat rod for 20 quid probably not the best but ive used a 15lb rated one a few times and it wasnt a bad rod . it be ok for a spare even at that price

granted the rods that i listed are not the high end rods like conoflex and century . but being new to to fishing too allot of those rod blanks even a slightly softened used rod might be 2 powerful for you. esp if your going the ebay route i mean ya cant try the rod first. and well a rod ya can bend is useless .

but a multi reel that you could use for both boat and rock stuff would be abu 7000/ 7500. penn 525s or diawa slosh 30s

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for a rock rod a ron thompson Axellerator would be perfect . cracking rod for the money

shakespere salts both uptide and ordinary boat rods are decent for the money not all to expensive .
but if ya wanna keep it cheap veals are doing a 30lb abu 7 boat rod for 20 quid probably not the best but ive used a 15lb rated one a few times and it wasnt a bad rod . it be ok for a spare even at that price

granted the rods that i listed are not the high end rods like conoflex and century . but being new to to fishing too allot of those rod blanks even a slightly softened used rod might be 2 powerful for you. esp if your going the ebay route i mean ya cant try the rod first. and well a rod ya can bend is useless .

but a multi reel that you could use for both boat and rock stuff would be abu 7000/ 7500. penn 525s or diawa slosh 30s
I forgot to say I have been fishing for 15- 20 odd years for salmon and seatrout, did a bit of sea fishing as a child but I cannot remember much of it.

I will look into everyones suggestion, thankyou very much for your time guys. Any more suggestions are much appreciated.

PS. I am from the north coast of northern ireland, so if anyone is from the area and fancies a chat, drop me a pm..
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts