1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
they are all magged with no blocks
i just carnt get passed 180 mts otg
my style aint bad and i know my rods are capable
Hi mate,
I've also been doing alot of OTG practice. My reels are running pretty much as fast as they can
but my distance has hit a limit! When at this stage I think all thats left to do is concentrate
on the casting technique because most fault or failure in distance is usually just down to
human error.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
You'd probably be better asking this question in the casting section of the forum.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
I'd echo what the others have said .... there is no majic trick to instantly open up more distance on a reel although it might be time to maybe try some different braking types out, if you are using the magtrax brakes a knobby may help you get a little more distance. Bear in mind though that quite often these kind of changes require a modification of your style and yet more practice so often a change that will ultimately give you more distance long-term results in a loss of distance in the short-term until the practice with the new setup pays off.

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies guys

i can take the mono mag full off and get no line lift
and thats without any blocks in
i just want to get my reels running fast but not un controlable
with the bearings that are in the reels

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
thanks for the replies guysi can take the mono mag full off and get no line liftand thats without any blocks ini just want to get my reels running fast but not un controlablewith the bearings that are in the reels
I they right off when you initially chuck them or are you just winding off during the cast? If its the former then there is something wrong with them quite frankly.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
hi russthere full of as the lead is still climingthere is slight spool movement
Hard to say but my hunch is a little slow. See what it spins up like on the bench .... maybe try a slightly smaller magnet in the knobby. Ultimately though it's not going to add 100 yards to your cast

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
what does the reel sound like gaz , when your casting is the spool balanced , and stop dead when you spin and not keep moving back and fourth , new bearings are not expensive and blackdog deliveries are realey quick , i have a chrome rocket i am using with a centre mag , and i set my mags on start up a half turn from full which run about 10 to 15 secs and can only get the mags of a couple of turns when the lead is away , good luck with it gaz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts