World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well nipped out today to a mark I have been playing on conditions were not bad, NW wind and no rain (at start).
Bites from the off, hit first then missed about 4.....tried different bait size and snood lengths but back to standard for me before I got next fish. All bite today were mainly very delicate.
At this point I was also watching to large budgies high in the sky above me, glorious big birds.
Then 4th fish was a bit better, WOOOHOOOOO a double....nope! 9lb 6oz....I need scales that lie.
Well that was my best fish of the sesh, had 11 spur and 2 codling in 5.5hrs and missed as many bites, lost one fish on ledge, well snapped as I lifted into fish.
Attached the pics, also 2 of how I bait up, mini joey(my main catching bait this year) and sandeel, my main catching bait previous few years

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
well done jimmy, cracking session. spurs the same as the cod, just got to get lucky for a double mate !
cheers rab

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well done jimmy, cracking session. spurs the same as the cod, just got to get lucky for a double mate !
cheers rab
But no had one in 2 and a half year!!!!! But fun trying

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The codling weighed 2lb and took a mini joey macky, these baits are about 6" long

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cracking session bud! keep at it, you'll get your double!
Keep getting my mates on the doubles, been almost 3yrs since I had one, no fair

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Good report and pics too, sounds like a cracking sesh with plenty of action for you there. Pity about not making the double there bound to be one out there for you.

Reactions: JimmyC

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a wee add on, cross checked scales at work, weighed 5g under at 20Kg, my fish weren't doubles......sob sob sob

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Just a wee add on, cross checked scales at work, weighed 5g under at 20Kg, my fish weren't doubles......sob sob sob

Still not happening mate no matter how many times to check those scales of yours.
Your gonna have to try again for a double.

I reckon I have had maybe a couple of hundred rays over the last 3 years, not one bigger than six pounds so that double still eluding me too. It's frustrating but if your catching then your always in with a chance of that next one being the magic one.
Same with the Flounders, say a thousand over 3 years only 1 making specimen weight!!
:mad::rolleyes:o_O

1 - 19 of 19 Posts