Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i caught two yes TWO sea trout!!!!

i went after school to my "secret" place. i was spinning and second cast i had myself a lovely sea trout. back he went. carried on spinning, and had another!! slightly bigger.

im very very happy as its a new spieces for me!!

i do have pics but need to work out how to get them on here.

Jamie :clap3: :clap2: :notworthy

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
nice one jamie allways nice to get something different,,,tight lines

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thanks, it was abit of a shock! Lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Did you know you can get a fine catching sea trout i hope you put the other one back as well, nice catch though well done young man.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, i did know that. thats why i put them back.

i was after bass in the first place.

Jamie

·
Banned
431 Posts
are you sure it wasnt a bass jamie or even a grayling (lady of the streams lol)
well done nice catch

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
are you sure it wasnt a bass jamie or even a grayling (lady of the streams lol)
well done nice catch
Beat me to it mate, I was thinking the same! :D Well done JD good catch.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts

i went after school to my "secret" place. i was spinning and second cast i had myself a lovely sea trout. back he went. carried on spinning, and had another!! slightly bigger.

Well done Jamie. You deserve a result for all your efforts. Could you guestimate the sizes? ( To compare, the one on my site on the Southern Rivers page is 8lb +. Not me holding it unfortunately.) And now you can teach me something. What lures were you using?

Sorry to quiz you like this, but were the fish bright silver, or did they have colour to them (wondering if they might be late fish retuning or new fish running)

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i caught the trout on a small dexter wedge, i really wound in fast, i could see a few trout chasing the lure, had a few hook ups but never connected properly.

it was a very shinny silver with greeny, spots on the top. at first it thought it was a big mackerel!!! LOL

it was 100% a sea trout. it really gave a great fight!! better than some of the mackerel in the summer.

i caught it about 4/5 miles up stream in the upper beeding section of the adur.

if anyone wants to meet up or get some help spinning for "bass" which i was after in the first place give me a PM.

Jamie

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

That's a fantastic acheivement Jamie. I'm very jealous and will be visiting the Adur very soon (no I won't I think we're out of season, see below).

However, I assume you have no license as you carefully mention 'while fishing for Bass'. You 100% need a license if you fish the river anywhere that coarse/game fish are likely to be caught. It does not matter what you say you are fishing for, if you use techniques that catch coarse fish or game fish then you need a license.

see attached post

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28108&highlight=license

You can buy one here for £66.50. Yes, it' serious money for a Sea Trout & Salmon license.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subjects/fish/399730/?lang=_e

And from what I understand you are out of season which runs from May 31. See attached site.

http://www.henfieldas.co.uk/site/default.asp?id=360

Seriously, anyone who follows up this post and goes after Sea trout must get a license and fish in season. Presumably there is a point to the rules and as responsible anglers we should obey them.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

That's a fantastic acheivement Jamie. I'm very jealous and will be visiting the Adur very soon.

However, I assume you have no license as you carefully mention 'while fishing for Bass'. You 100% need a license if you fish the river anywhere that coarse/game fish are likely to be caught. It does not matter what you say you are fishing for, if you use techniques that catch coarse fish or game fish then you need a license.

see attached post

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28108&highlight=license

You can buy one here for £66.50. Yes, it' serious money for a Sea Trout & Salmon license.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subjects/fish/399730/?lang=_e

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea, i know....

but its not fair... lol

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
yea, i know....

but its not fair... lol
Err if you know that you are breaking the law then why did you

1. Post about it ?
2. Carry on and catch a 2nd?
3. Offer to show others how to do it?
4. Give your real name?

According to the site below which gives tips on catching Adur Sea Trout you are out of season and cannot fish until May, when you will need a license and can fish with lures only - otherwise you'll be also catching coase fish and not allowed until June 16 I think.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i didnt go targeting them!!!

i was after bass, i carried on becuase i wanted too. just becuase i catch one sea trout doesnt mean i have to pack up...... "god!! no!!! i caught a sea trout, i need to pack up and hang my head in shame.."

i offered to take people bass fishing, as i said.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

i was after bass, i carried on becuase i wanted too. just becuase i catch one sea trout doesnt mean i have to pack up...... "god!! no!!! i caught a sea trout, i need to pack up and hang my head in shame.."

Got a panic on now then.....Don't worry the fine for the first offence most probably won't exceed £200:schmoll:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts

Jamie you're a criminal, there's nothing but a life of crime ahead for you me lad, what next eh, selling drugs outside nursery schools no doubt!! ;)

Ps. Nice catch mate, Im jealous. :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Err if you know that you are breaking the law then why did you

1. Post about it ?
2. Carry on and catch a 2nd?
3. Offer to show others how to do it?
4. Give your real name?

According to the site below which gives tips on catching Adur Sea Trout you are out of season and cannot fish until May, when you will need a license and can fish with lures only - otherwise you'll be also catching coase fish and not allowed until June 16 I think.

jesus you really r a judge lol:)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.