World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i all i have just heard from my dad that the daquairi will be closed down next year due to refurb/rebuilt works being carried out. have been there twice in the last couple of years and was looking to go again next year ,,,, yes it could do with a revamp , but if so when do works start and finish and what will happen to all the workers there, because in my view it was them who made the place so good , will they have to find work elsewhere then never return or will they all still be payed and keep their jobs . my mum and dad have been there 6 times and i have been there twice and have made some great friends there, it would be nice to go back and meet them all with the suitcase full of goodiies ie nappies, chisels , clothes, trainers and of course fishing gear , which i am sure you all leave when you go there .. any info would be much appreiciated and any fishing reports...... tight lines all and also any news on the hurricane thats hit cuba,,,, did it hit cg?????? cheers nath.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
We were booked to travel to the Iberostar Daquiri on 3 May 2013 . Received an email this morning saying the hotel will be closed at that time and we are being moved to the Melia Cayo Guillermo . We dont know how long it will be closed for but when we were at the Iberostar 2 weeks ago the rumours for around 6 Months .We really feel for the staff at the Iberostar they are great people , but we always used to stay at the Melia Guillermo so we are happy they are sending us there rather than somewhere new .
Steve

·
Registered
408 Posts
hi steve .is it a free upgrade ..if so its a good result.we are waiting for a letter to confirm it .as we want it in writting .i can/t be asked to print it out from the laptop...i spoke to dave this morning and he to is waiting for a letter . might
.see you in may ..johnboy

·
Registered
408 Posts
john i have sent the email to dave and told him to forward it to you . cheers steve
hi steve thanks for that .yeh new baby came on thursday .boy 9lb 14oz.....thanks for asking mate..as for the upgrade i spoke to someone i know at direct holidays and she said about the free upgrade ..so i told dave ..lucky he hadn/t already arranged for it to be done from the people at the melia..would of cost a few bob..so just hope we get the same..which the girl at direct holidays says will happen ..take care mate ..see you in may ...and as for that lucky git baino ...off to panama ..heres a tune ..i should be so lucky ..by kylie ..in the style of the pub singer of course ...lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
John & Tina , Thanks for my Birthday Card . Bev XX

Have you had your letter yet from direct holidays . Melia Cayo Guillermo is now on sale with Thoams Cook from May 2013 at a price of over £1200 each and that only includes 15 kilos luggage .Not showing on Direct Holidays as yet . What a bargain we have got. C u both then . Steve & Bev

·
Registered
408 Posts
John & Tina , Thanks for my Birthday Card . Bev XX

Have you had your letter yet from direct holidays . Melia Cayo Guillermo is now on sale with Thoams Cook from May 2013 at a price of over £1200 each and that only includes 15 kilos luggage .Not showing on Direct Holidays as yet . What a bargain we have got. C u both then . Steve & Bev
hi steve .yeh got the letter yesterday.what a result...1200 each .thats a lot..considering we got it for 820... cant wait ..happy birthday to bev for yesterday...and look forward to seeing you both in may ...tina sends her love xx cheers johnboy..

·
Registered
408 Posts
i all i have just heard from my dad that the daquairi will be closed down next year due to refurb/rebuilt works being carried out. have been there twice in the last couple of years and was looking to go again next year ,,,, yes it could do with a revamp , but if so when do works start and finish and what will happen to all the workers there, because in my view it was them who made the place so good , will they have to find work elsewhere then never return or will they all still be payed and keep their jobs . my mum and dad have been there 6 times and i have been there twice and have made some great friends there, it would be nice to go back and meet them all with the suitcase full of goodiies ie nappies, chisels , clothes, trainers and of course fishing gear , which i am sure you all leave when you go there .. any info would be much appreiciated and any fishing reports...... tight lines all and also any news on the hurricane thats hit cuba,,,, did it hit cg?????? cheers nath.....
the dates it is closed for is from the end of march until the 15 of december..they are doing half the hotel .and the second half the following year..they want the hotel to be open for the xmas period ..but the way the cuban builders work .dont hold your breath...all the workers will be paid while the work goes on..and all return when the works done...i spoke to arry josh and fidel ..and they all said they will spend a month at home then apply for work elsewhere..as a month at home is more than enough ..lol.. looking at how happy at work they all are and the banter between them..its no wonder they want to get out to work..where ever that may be ..cheers johnboy..

·
Registered
394 Posts
Does this mean that it's likely to be closed in october 2014 johnboy? This is when I'll be going back and will be taking my boy with me this time, I'd like to be able to go back to the id as the banter with the bar staff was great.

Regards
Roper

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
408 Posts
Does this mean that it's likely to be closed in october 2014 johnboy? This is when I'll be going back and will be taking my boy with me this time, I'd like to be able to go back to the id as the banter with the bar staff was great.

Regards
Roper

hi adrain thats what they have said but in cuba anything can happen.the updgrading of the hotel is a major task and they said rather than shut for a whole year they would do it in two hits ,,,i emailed the iberostar head office in spain and they said that this is the proposed plan..they don/t want to loose all their regular clients so they think that this is the best way..as for us we can only go in may or october so we have no choice.thats why we booked for may again ,,we have been moved to the melia ..we don/t mind the melia but much prefer the daiquiri ..as we know everyone there..also the food is much better..cheers johnboy

·
Registered
394 Posts
Cheers johnboy, plenty of time before I go again yet, anything could happen in that time. You never know we may even be there at the same time in 2014. I hope your keeping well we haven't spoken for a while.

Roper

·
Registered
408 Posts
Cheers johnboy, plenty of time before I go again yet, anything could happen in that time. You never know we may even be there at the same time in 2014. I hope your keeping well we haven't spoken for a while.

Roper

yeh adrian you know how it works out there..they could decide to only do half the work..like they did a few years ago we had booked to go there and then they decided to close for a refurb so we moved to the melia..when we went back six month later all they had done was the buffet restaurant and the bathrooms in the lobby.building so you never know might just end up 2013.that they are shut .so yeh hope to meet up with you at some time..cheers johnboy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts