World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Icey Tek Cool Boxes

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Why Worry Angling Charters 
#1 ·
Has any one got or used the Icey-tek range of cool boxes, I am thinking of buying one for storing any fish I keep on my boat. I hate leaving the fish in a bucket of sea water with it guts still in, I prefer to get them cold as quick as possible makes the taste so much better.
I was wondering what anybody thought before investing some hard earned cash?

#2 ·
I use one of their 90 litre boxes , would recomend them to anyone. probally too big for most people, but i`ve got lots of deck space.
The box has been abused on deck for the last year or so and stands up to it really well !
We use it to keep big quantities of Ammo Baits frozen, just take a couple of smaller boxes to transfer to, so you don`t have to keep opening the bigun.

www.kentcharterfishing.com

#3 ·
They look very good. I bought from Argos however a cooler box with a built in cooler fan in the lid that plugs into the *** lighter in the boot of the car. After fishing it keeps the fish nice and cool for the return journey. Works well - all for about £25. I have a 3 hour journey home after every fishing trip and it does the job every time

#4 ·
I've been looking for a chiller box for the VW bus, the ones that run on 240 & 12 volt would be ideal but the ones I've seen are all too tall (the ones I've looked at anyway.

Max dimentions I have available are (W) width 520 mm x (D) depth 280 mm x (H)height 330 mm. The W and D I can possibly alter, but not the height.

I would like to go all 'high tech' but it looks like it's going to have to be a cold box and blue freezable blocks

Any leads Gents? Cheers, Tony O-P.

#6 ·
One of the best cool boxes I ever saw was on a mate's narrow boat. He'd built a ply box with a door, he then coated it all with plaster of paris and made a depression in the top. Above this he had a 5 gallon beer container, full of water, with the tap just cracked open. The water would drip steadily into the depression,soak partway into the plaster and then evaporate.

we've popped some cans into it, gone down to the pub and by the time we got back, had to break the ice off them.

#7 ·
Here's a little heads up for anyone thinking of buying an electric cool box off eBay:

I went into Halfords yesterday and bought a 35 litre electric coolbox for the back of the car. The assistant told me that they had lots of that model returned last year due to failing fans etc. The model I've got has apparently got completely new components which are far more reliable, despite the box looking identical. If you look on eBay you'll find plenty of 35 litre Halfords coolers sold as new or nearly new etc (repaired in some cases). Avoid them like the plague - they're last years fault prone models!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.