World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks bought a HTO Rockfish Revoloution 3-12goff ebay and on my second outing the tip packed in with a 10g wedge on it..ive sent it back for a refund but i notice hardly anyone has any of these rods in stock leading me to believe that its been discontinued, what is everyone else using in that weight class and with a budget of about£120 as i wouldn't mind some ideas being thrown my way.!
Cheers

ps what like is the Nomura Hiro 3-12g?? if anyone has that rod?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your going to use metals go for a hollow tip in that weight range, I have still one of the original MC Solparas and it's a belter of a blank here's the new version, The tubular version of the solid tip.
https://www.chesilbaitntackle.co.uk/major-craft-solpara-spx-t702aji-29440-p.asp
Hi there buddy thanks for getting back to me, can you explain to me why you want the tublar tip instead of the solid tip...i wasnt aware there was a difference but clearly there is

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,945 Posts
Hi there buddy thanks for getting back to me, can you explain to me why you want the tublar tip instead of the solid tip...i wasnt aware there was a difference but clearly there is
The solid tip works better with jig heads as it's more sensitive and will pick up light touches better, light metals are ok say to 3g but after that the tip starts to lose it's ability to fish the metal properly and is in compression most of the time. The tubular tip holds up far better to the resistance of the metal dew to more of the blank taking the strain where as the solid tip takes the strain in the tip only as they tend top be a very fast action compare to a slower action of tubular. If your going to use metals for the biggest percentage of use then tubular. If you want the solid tip version use up to 40 of the rods rating only as the rating is normally for Jig heads. Most rods work best to within 60% of there rating although they will handle the max but more close quarters. Imagine casting 30 yards with 5g wedge on a solid tip and then jerking up then fall and so on, every time the tip collapses on the upward stroke and the hooking power is lost and sensitivity is gone due to resistance, now with a tube doing the same the tip and the rest of the blank are reacting at the same time allowing for the tip not to collapse still leaving power and sensitivity in the tip for setting hooks. I use solids all the time as 95% of mine is jig head work, when I use the tube version it's for metals and small plugs only...

Reactions: BassonFly

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The solid tip works better with jig heads as it's more sensitive and will pick up light touches better, light metals are ok say to 3g but after that the tip starts to lose it's ability to fish the metal properly and is in compression most of the time. The tubular tip holds up far better to the resistance of the metal dew to more of the blank taking the strain where as the solid tip takes the strain in the tip only as they tend top be a very fast action compare to a slower action of tubular. If your going to use metals for the biggest percentage of use then tubular. If you want the solid tip version use up to 40 of the rods rating only as the rating is normally for Jig heads. Most rods work best to within 60% of there rating although they will handle the max but more close quarters. Imagine casting 30 yards with 5g wedge on a solid tip and then jerking up then fall and so on, every time the tip collapses on the upward stroke and the hooking power is lost and sensitivity is gone due to resistance, now with a tube doing the same the tip and the rest of the blank are reacting at the same time allowing for the tip not to collapse still leaving power and sensitivity in the tip for setting hooks. I use solids all the time as 95% of mine is jig head work, when I use the tube version it's for metals and small plugs only...

Gotya buddy, i didn't realise that it was quiet as important as it it! ill be looking for a tubular rod asap. Thanks very much :)

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Hi folks bought a HTO Rockfish Revoloution 3-12goff ebay and on my second outing the tip packed in with a 10g wedge on it..ive sent it back for a refund but i notice hardly anyone has any of these rods in stock leading me to believe that its been discontinued, what is everyone else using in that weight class and with a budget of about£120 as i wouldn't mind some ideas being thrown my way.!
Cheers

ps what like is the Nomura Hiro 3-12g?? if anyone has that rod?

Reading around think they have all snapped? read other post on here about tip snapped

1 - 7 of 7 Posts